cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

jim_taddeo

PAST DAILY PLEDGE Feb-02 through Feb-08!

DAILY PLEDGE........WELCOME TO YOUR FREEDOM??

NO MATTER HOW DARK IT SEEMS, THERE IS LIGHT! MOONLIGHT!

THE SUN ALWAYS COMES THROUGH THE CLOUDS!

I Pledge Not To Smoke Today or Tonight and I Extend My Smoke Free Hand of Support to The Next In Line

I Pledge No Excuses to Smoke For Me Today
I know that NO EXCUSE TO SMOKE IS EVER VALID!
I know that any memories I may have about smoking being MY FRIEND, MY COMFORT, MY STRESS RELIEF, MY RELAXATION, MY ESCAPE, OR ANYTHING POSITIVE ARE NOTHING BUT LIES!
WHEN MY MIND TELLS ME THAT I AM SUFFERING BECAUSE I QUIT SMOKING I WILL KNOW THAT IS A LIE FROM A JUNKIE TRYING TO KEEP USING!
THE TRUTH IS THAT I AM NOT SUFFERING!
IN FACT I AM HEALING FROM THE TRUE SUFFERING THAT I HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING WHILE ACTIVELY ADDICTED TO NICOTINE!
I ONLY THOUGHT I WAS ENJOYING MYSELF BECAUSE OF CHEMISTRY NOT REALITY!
I know that if I take ONE PUFF IT WILL BE FOLLOWED WITH ONE PACK, WILL BE ONE CARTON, AND FROM THAT POINT ON I WILL BE RIGHT WHERE I STARTED FROM, AN ADDICT THAT USES!
I Pledge, if I do think about cigarettes today, I will think of the most horrific effects of smoking because there is no pleasure in killing myself.
So the picture I will think of will be of CANCER, PAIN, RADIATION TREATMENTS, HAVING A LUNG REMOVED, A SLOW HORRIBLE DEATH, HORRIBLE SUFFERING AND MOMENTS OF TERROR, MY LOVED ONES CRYING AT MY FUNERAL, THE COLD GROUND AND DEATH.

I pledge that I will remain committed to myself and this QUIT so that I will allow myself enough time to find out how GREAT LIFE ACTUALLY CAN BE AS AN EX-SMOKER.

Since I am planning on a smoke free day I extend my great smelling hands of support and strength to the next person in line...........

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
claudia2

Good morning Tasha,
I gladly take your hand this morning and extend my free hand to the next ex in line that is willing and committed to not smoke for 24 hours.
0 Kudos
jim_taddeo

Good morning Claudia...I gladly take your hand and pledge another 24 hours smoke free. I EXtend my free hand and strength to the nEXt EX in line. Make a pledge to yourself TO HEAL AND BREAK FREE. You can do this 1 DAY AT A TIME! I'm Papa Jimmy and I have been PROVING IT FOR Seven months, one week, six days, 1 hour, 7 minutes and 55 seconds. 4540 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,010.36. Life saved: 2 weeks, 1 day, 18 hours, 20 minutes.
0 Kudos