cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

fran

I pledge not to smoke today. May 15, 2008..Will anyone join me?

I'm back on the horse...had to reset the counter again...stupid me. I'm still angry at myself. But what I can't beat myself up forever..I can punich myself....I walked 4.5 miles last ngiht. I pledge not to smoke not today or tonight....extending my hand for help...and support...please join me
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
manofsteele

Hello Daily Pledgers

What a great day to say I pledge not to smoke today or tonight Thursday May 15. I pledge to say no to any and all excuses that might tempt me to break my pledge. I pledge to have control over any urge I might have all day. I pledge to make up a crave kit if I am having craves during the day that make me think about having another puff. I pledge to go to bed tonight proud and smoke free. I pledge to add up my smoke free days and cash them in on my Smoke Free Anniversaries at the Quit Party Central Group where they luv to party and show how much people care that we accomplish new Smoke Free goals.

So with all that said ..... can I please extend my Super Strength Hand of support to the next in line and also morph that Super hand so that it can touch all hands in this pledge line today.

Special Shout Out to Softmtnrain and her husband Joe and their 3 Year of Smoke Free Living. Great People, Great Quit and You Can Learn More About Them from Links in the Words of Wisdom Group.

PS - Joe still pledges every day in front of others. It works just follow the plan.

I prefer for everyone to be in one pledge posting so we can be accountable to self and also to this daily pledge team.

YOU CAN DO IT ..... we can help .....just ask !
Help Us Grow and Bring Someone New Everyday !

Remember About the Bonfire on Friday at Quit Party Central where I want everyone to toss all the cigarettes you have not smoked since you started this current quit into the bon fire in memory of all those that have lost their lives to lung cancer. Thank You for your support.
Ray
I have been quit for 4 Years, 1 Month, 1 Week, 4 Days, 14 hours, 7 minutes and 22 seconds (1,502 days). I have saved $12,020.70 by not smoking 60,103 cigarettes. I have saved 6 Months, 3 Weeks, 4 Days, 16 hours and 35 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 4/4/2004 12:00 AM

Get a counter like this on my page near the top ...
0 Kudos
dian

Fran, taking your hand and pledging not to smoke today and tonight, I also walked last night and was afraid the urge would hit but I took my son and we had a good time talking back and forth and I never thought of smoking. I extend my hand and support to the next non-smoker...........
0 Kudos
Susan59

I take your hand Dian and pledge no cigs today. Extend my other hand to the next brave EXer.

Rock the quits!

Susan Day 79
0 Kudos

Hi. This is my first day. I threw away my ashtray and empty cigarette pack at 8:15 p.m. yesterday evening. "I PLEDGE NOT TO SMOKE TODAY".
0 Kudos
Giulia

And I'm taking your hand on your first day, JoAnne, and promise along with you, to stand strong and not smoke.

Here's my other hand reaching out for the next pledgling to wiggle on in.

Giulia (2 years +)
0 Kudos
jessica17

A week and counting - I pledge not to smoke today or tonight and fight this horrible nicodemon! I extend my hand to the next....
0 Kudos
val_b

I pledge to all of the above and not to smoke tonight, and extend my hand to the next person.
0 Kudos