cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

richie

Daily Pledge

every time i sneak a cigarette, i force myself to ride my bike to somewhere in the city to put one of these stickers up. it makes me do aerobic exercise, which the smoking doesn't help, and also makes me think twice about if i really want that smoke.
  www.obamaquit.com

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
931 Replies
fatal5star

hi my quit date is 12/28/14 i have 5 days smoke free and i relly feel like i have a new beging to not have smoked in 2015 i feel good and i smell fresh and it makes me feel beautiful in sid and out

0 Kudos
tjolie

I had two 5 day weekends off to approach my quit with a quiet mind, do tai chai, and meditate. I am wondering how to maintain this peaceful poised posture in the crazy work world I'm going back to tomorrow.My trainer says, "Just tell your self, 'I'm going to be just fine." You won't believe it at first, but then after a time, it will be come clear to you that you really are just fine.

0 Kudos
rmy

I will not smoke today.  I am a non smoker.

0 Kudos
lois2

I pledge not to smoke for 24 hrs.

0 Kudos
Summer-Rain

I have not smoked since 1/6/15 and I pledge not to smoke today.

0 Kudos
winebandit

Day six no smokes. 

0 Kudos
Diane145

Joining group to look for support, ideas and sharing information.  Today is day 2 for me and hope to remember to check this page daily.

I started smoking when I was in 7th grade and have been a moderate smoker for probably 40 years.  I've quite 1/2 a dozen times and each time hope this will be my last.  With this support group, the patch, and phone app, I am hoping to finally quit for good.  I always like to end my work week with a few drinks at the local bar so that'll be a tough one.

My husband had back surgery on January 13th so we won't be visiting our local watering hole for the next couple weeks and am thinking this is a great time to quit.  He's never smoked anything in his life so he doesn't understand the addiction cycle we go through.  I know I can do this, but have to convince myself that this is a permanent change.  You see, I liked smoking and socializing around a cigarette.  I simply have to change my lifestyle and pray that I don't get fat along the way.  Both cigarettes and weight have been a constant struggle for me.  I guess Ineed to simply "get over it", right??

We are all on a journey and I would be happy to travel with you all!

0 Kudos

Today is day 13 as a non-smoker. I am proud of myself. I have had many triggers that make me think about smoking, but I stood strong and I will continue to stand strong. I will not smoke today.

0 Kudos

Day one is today for me, i pedge not to smoke today

0 Kudos
lois2

i pledge not to smoke for 24 hrs. quit on 23 of Jan.

0 Kudos