cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

smorgy8513

August and we are HOT, HOT, HOT in our quits!

Welcome to August!   Last month of summer.     What can we do to make sure that we get everything we want and need from our smoke free summer?     Well, come here and make your pledge, join hands with those that are working on theirs and go out and recruit others.

I will pledge to not smoke today no matter what comes my way!    I offer my other hand out to the next in line.

Sharon 361 DOF

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
169 Replies
smorgy8513

Morning everyone!!!     I got excited and then happy as I look and see Harry is back (missed you Minnesota Man!), Ann (Yippee Skippee!) and my Sweet Anna!.    Happy for the rest of you being here as well because you are all where I get my strength each and every day!      Anna, I take your hand and pledge that I will not smoke today no matter what!      I offer my other hand out to the next in line.

Sharon 389 DOF

0 Kudos
cory-3-10-13

Hi Ex family! Thank you for your hand Sharon. I'm here to take hold and make my pledge to remain nic free again today. It sure feels good to be free, my time is my own now and I love that! No more running out on my life to smoke it away...I am grateful for that. Taking the kids to Storyland in NH this weekend, so I'll see you guys Monday, have a fabulous smoke free weekend everyone! I'm holding my hands out in friendship and support! 

0 Kudos
gayvenda

Good morning to all!  I'm cooking dinner tonight for an old friend... He's actually quit smoking recently with the use of Chantix, so we'll be on the same page. We have been friends since the late 80's. Dating in smobriety!  I happily take your hand, Sharon, and pledge not to smoke for 24 hours no matter what! I give my other hand and offer my support to the next pledge in line....

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

Good morning all

Thank you for your hand gayvenda and i promise to not smoke for 24 hrs and extend my free hand to the next in line!!!

Have a great weekend and see you on Tuesday!!

Mag409 days of freedom

0 Kudos

Mag 10Q Thank you for your hand, I now commit myself to stop smoking for the 24 hrs. and extend my free hand to the next person in line.

0 Kudos
harry18

And a Good Morning to all the quitters this fine Saturday Morning, no matter what the weather is doing it will be a great day as a non-smoker

So it is with great pleasure that I take hold of Summer's hand and pledge to be smoke free for the next 24 hours no matter what and extend my free hand to help support the next pledge in line.

Harry and my quit clock says I am at 133 smoke free days

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Morning to all.     Last weekend of summer and what did I do??????    Nothing too exciting EXCEPT I stayed smoke free and hit the 6% Club!      I guess that's the biggest, bestest thing I can say!      Thanks for your hand Harry, I will take it and pledge that I will not smoke today no matter what may come my way!     I offer my other hand out to the next in line.

Sharon 390 DOF

0 Kudos
annb

Sharon I am so proud and happy to take your strong 6%~er hand today as I pledge not to smoke another 24 hours. Reaching out my other hand to the next in line. 

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Morning all!    OMG...everyone must have gone out of town for the weekend and not have their internet!     Ann, it's you and me kid!       I'll take your hand and pledge that I will not smoke today no matter what!             Suppose we can find a few more people to finish out the month?      I offer my other hand to any that want to come along and stay smoke free!

Sharon 391 DOF

0 Kudos
harry18

Slow down some of us didn't have to work last night and went out and so now it's 11:45 and I am finally up but most important I remained smoke free so yes Sharon I gladly take your hand this late morning and pledge not to smoke for the next 24 hours no matter what and extend my free hand out to the next late pledge.

And a hugh CONGRATULATION to SHARON for getting into the 6% club, what a leader I am pround to be part of your following in the daily pledge

Harry@134DOF

0 Kudos