Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

8/14/18 Celebrations

geminigypsylady Congrats, today appears to be your 8.5 year quitaversary. Please let us know how you are doing!

corrie2  and TL_3  Congrats, today appears to be your 7.5 year quitaversary. Please let us know how you are doing!

Anthony-A-Morton  Congrats, today appears to be your 6.5 year quitaversary. Please let us know how you are doing!

mygirls_2-14-14  Congrats, today appears to be your 4.5 year quitaversary. Please let us know how you are doing!

chuckt121Cimstrongdoreenmkaetyymissyboricua18 and  rburts1  Congrats, today appears to be your 1.5 year quitaversary. Please let us know how you are doing!

Aflowers13 amd0712Autumnone1dmcalalillyjrfrostMalastdance1rgiffSloppysunshinemarie  and terimary  Congrats, today appears to be your 500 day quitaversary. Please let us know how you are doing! 

abee1014  Congrats, today appears to be your 400 day quitaversary. Please let us know how you are doing!

erin8oForeignGoddess93 ,free2be2heather219 and tonyam  Congrats, today appears to be your 1 year quitaversary. Please let us know how you are doing!

adpelerose ,cslats  and debbiepatitucci  Congrats, today appears to be your 300 day quitaversary. Please let us know how you are doing!

Jan2618 , Jerinjess,   JHamilton1990  and Victoriacam  Congrats, today appears to be your 200 day quitaversary. Please let us know how you are doing!

GilamonsterKelton Notaquitter.5 and pchafin1  Congrats, today appears to be your 6 month quitaversary. Please let us know how you are doing!

Amandatoryanimatedapril89  and CrissyTroyer  Congrats, today appears to be your 150 day quitaversary. Please let us know how you are doing! 

dwaith4echo and lindsey_07 Congrats, today appears to be your 100 day quitaversary. Please let us know how you are doing! Welcome to the Triple Digit Quitters Club

Cat863 Congrats, today appears to be your 50 day quitaversary. Please let us know how you are doing!

If you have a celebration, whatever the period of time, feel free to share and celebrate in the comments! Not sure of your DOF?  Use the EX Quit Calculator or check out My Quit Plan to see your DOF.

If today is your quit day, Congrats!  The above members are just a small sample of people who have quit with the help of the site you're on and the amazing support. Let that be motivation that you can do it too.

irishash_79 and llehrer222   Today is your quit day. Congrats! If anyone else has quit today, congrats for starting your journey with us.  Be sure to journal your experiences today with a personal blog(← Click to get started) so you can look back on it and reflect where you started. Tag the post "TheDayIQuit". This way others can see what they can possibly expect as they start their quit journey. Before you know it, you'll be celebrating with people like those mentioned above.

Mark
EX Community Manager

If I've gotten your quit date wrong, be sure to update it and then go through the steps to sync it to the community.

EX Community Admin Team
Tags (1)
7 Replies
Mandolinrain

Wow Mark, this is a huge list! I am curious to know how many listed have kept their quits? I can't say any of these names look familiar to me, but if this list reaches out to bring any of them back or just let them know we have not forgotten them....or that maybe they relapsed and we would like to help them begin their quit again......that is AWESOME!!!!! I think it is so great your doing this. 

images-6.jpeg

geminigypsylady Congrats, today appears to be your 8.5 year quitaversary. Please let us know how you are doing!

corrie2  and TL_3  Congrats, today appears to be your 7.5 year quitaversary. Please let us know how you are doing!

Anthony-A-Morton  Congrats, today appears to be your 6.5 year quitaversary. Please let us know how you are doing!

mygirls_2-14-14  Congrats, today appears to be your 4.5 year quitaversary. Please let us know how you are doing!

chuckt121Cimstrongdoreenmkaetyymissyboricua18rburts1  and stopcris  Congrats, today appears to be your 1.5 year quitaversary. Please let us know how you are doing!

Aflowers13 amd0712Autumnone1dmcalalillyjrfrostMalastdance1rgiffSloppysunshinemarie  and terimary  Congrats, today appears to be your 500 day quitaversary. Please let us know how you are doing! Congrats on earning your comma.

abee1014  Congrats, today appears to be your 400 day quitaversary. Please let us know how you are doing!

erin8oForeignGoddess93 ,free2be2heather219 and tonyam  Congrats, today appears to be your 1 year quitaversary. Please let us know how you are doing!

adpelerose ,cslats  and debbiepatitucci  Congrats, today appears to be your 300 day quitaversary. Please let us know how you are doing!

Jan2618 , Jerinjess,   JHamilton1990  and Victoriacam  Congrats, today appears to be your 200 day quitaversary. Please let us know how you are doing!

GilamonsterKelton Notaquitter.5 and pchafin1  Congrats, today appears to be your 6 month quitaversary. Please let us know how you are doing!

Amandatoryanimatedapril89  and CrissyTroyer  Congrats, today appears to be your 150 day quitaversary. Please let us know how you are doing! 

dwaith4echo and lindsey_07 Congrats, today appears to be your 100 day quitaversary. Please let us know how you are doing! Welcome to the Triple Digit Quitters Club

Cat863 Congrats, today appears to be your 50 day quitaversary. Please let us know how you are doing!

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mandolinrain wrote:

Wow Mark, this is a huge list! I am curious to know how many listed have kept their quits? I can't say any of these names look familiar to me, but if this list reaches out to bring any of them back or just let them know we have not forgotten them....or that maybe they relapsed and we would like to help them begin their quit again......that is AWESOME!!!!! I think it is so great your doing this. 

images-6.jpeg

chuckt121Cimstrongdoreenmkaetyymissyboricua18rburts1  and stopcris  Congrats, today appears to be your 1.5 year quitaversary. Please let us know how you are doing!

Aflowers13 amd0712Autumnone1dmcalalillyjrfrostMalastdance1rgiffSloppysunshinemarie  and terimary  Congrats, today appears to be your 500 day quitaversary. Please let us know how you are doing! Congrats on earning your comma.

Mandolinrain‌ Great question.  

We don't know for sure unless our members check in.  Ideally we hear from long time quitters at least one to two times a year. Hopefully most of them have kept their quits, but even if they haven't, we're here to support them just the same. EX is a place that welcomes you back and helps you start over.  Quitting isn't easy and for many it takes a couple times.  I see people participate for a while and then get distracted with life.  We celebrate milestones to recognize those achievements and let people also know we're thinking of them and wondering about their journey. We all have a common goal. We want everyone to quit, however they can accomplish it so that they can lead a healthier life.  So it's a little bit of all the above.  My heart is warmed everytime I see someone come back and start their  journey over. Whether it be just after a short time or even a decade later.  Recently I learned that we've had over 400 people join the community who were members of the BecomeAnEX.org before we moved to this community platform but had never contributed.  Some of them had accounts that dated back to March of 2008.  That being said, any time is a good time to start your quit journey with us!

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
JACKIE1-25-15

To all who remain free. 

anjalibooks

Hello, got your email, I crashed after I think it was 126 days (4 and half months) I was going to well damm it.

Family drama cropped up and that was my excuse, I actually left home for 3 days and was on my own with no one to answer to and it was so easy to just buy (1) ONE pack    ahhh as we all know never happens and still smoking almost 3 months later!

I changed a lot when I quit, gave up meat and dairy, started walking, I am still doing those because I'm committed and hope the healthy lifestyle will pull me back in, hasn't worked so far but I am slowly getting back to my better mindset and will have another go. I learned heaps. This reminder is welcome and a nice bonus on the way, thank you.

Also found out this morning, my daughter in law is pregnant and has given up smoking, her partner my son is also now more motivated so I have added reasons because I know he was impressed with my last effort and it will also motivate him again if no one in the family smokes. My daughter gave up 5 years ago.

Visitor here so I will return soon. Appreciate your reminder.  

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

anjalibooks wrote:

Hello, got your email, I crashed after I think it was 126 days (4 and half months) I was going to well damm it.

Family drama cropped up and that was my excuse, I actually left home for 3 days and was on my own with no one to answer to and it was so easy to just buy (1) ONE pack    ahhh as we all know never happens and still smoking almost 3 months later!

I changed a lot when I quit, gave up meat and dairy, started walking, I am still doing those because I'm committed and hope the healthy lifestyle will pull me back in, hasn't worked so far but I am slowly getting back to my better mindset and will have another go. I learned heaps. This reminder is welcome and a nice bonus on the way, thank you.

Also found out this morning, my daughter in law is pregnant and has given up smoking, her partner my son is also now more motivated so I have added reasons because I know he was impressed with my last effort and it will also motivate him again if no one in the family smokes. My daughter gave up 5 years ago.

Visitor here so I will return soon. Appreciate your reminder.  

Sorry to hear that you lost your quit.  Congrats on making some other health related choices as well. This place is a support system for when you face challenges (family drama or otherwise).

Congrats on the baby news. That's exciting.  There are resources here also for your son and daughter-in-law so don't hesitate to send them here for their ongoing quit support.

You can get your quit date updated by following the steps here: Re: How do I get my quit date to show on the community?

Also if you want to update your username, I'll provide some steps here to start that process. Start by  filling out the form.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Barbscloud

Special shout out to Gilamonster‌.    Congrats on your 6 months!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Come on baaaaaak!