cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read a member curated list of EX Community content over 10+ years

pir8fan

Lifelines! The Keys to a Successful Quit!!

There are a lot of new people here, and this is also a reminder for those who may have forgotten! Always remember your lifelines!

If you should have a serious craving use all of your lifelines before you smoke!

#1. Ask The Audience! Come here and tell us that you are in danger, and why! Wait 15 minutes for us to respond! Give us that opportunity to help you! That is why we are here!

#2. Phone A Friend! Befriend someone here that you feel you can trust! EXchange phone numbers with that person! If you are in a situation that you can not handle on your own, call or tEXt that person!

#3. 50/50! Make two list! The first list should be all the reasons you should not smoke! The second list should be all the reasons you should smoke! Now take the second list and mark out all of the "EXcuses" to smoke! EXcuses and reasons are two very different things! If there is anything left on the second list let me know!Keep your first list handy. Read it, if any of the "EXcuses" try to steal your quit!

This message was brought to by: The Freedom Train! "IF YOU ARE NOT RIDING WITH US, YOU ARE MISSING THE TRAIN"                  Tommy

Tags (1)
121 Replies
Giulia

You're quit date looks like it's set for Jan. 13th.  That gives you almost a month to wrap your head around the idea.  The more you read here, the more you will understand the nature of the journey ahead.  The more you understand it, the less frightening it becomes.  You quit for three years.  That's wonderful.  And you can do it again.  Really you can.  /blogs/Giulia-blog/2018/03/01/quitting-is-a-skill-that-can-be-learned?sr=search&searchId=b2e3d868-28...‌  Embrace the process.  It's transforming.  Think of it as a challenge rather than a mountain to climb.  And keep a sense of humor about you.  Humor gives us a needed perspective.  Cameree 

Cameree

Thank you for the encouragement at least someone has faith that I can do it again. I hope this works this time. I will not let anything or anyone get me depressed again and I start back. This time it's for good. I want to be an advocate for abused women but my oxygen only last 2 hours when I'm not at home. I said God is keeping me here for a reason. And I believe that is to help women where they are and try to get them where they need to be. God has really blessed me. Last year I was in the hospital for 21 days in December. In January I went back in for 18 days and God brought me through. I know that God won't pick you up and carry you over the storm to avoid it nor will he take you around it to avoid it. He let you go through and he goes through with you to show you how he loves us and how he works. I know you have to believe In him and believe that he will heal you. I love my God with all my heart mind body and soul. And I know he will see me through on my journey. Well I hope I haven't said to much. But may God bless you all

Giulia

Haven't said too much at all! Enjoyed every word of it.  Who knows, maybe God will provide you with more oxygen that will last you longer.  Bless you too!

0 Kudos
Cameree

Thank you and I hope he does God knows I need it

0 Kudos
CleanBee

Thank you 

0 Kudos
elvan

laqbana55  Just saw this post since I have not been around much this entire month.  Congratulations on 33 days by now?  Is that right?  I really hope that crave got kicked to the curb...smoking never helped or fixed ANYTHING and no crave ever killed anyone.  If you go through a similar situation, please post a blog with the word HELP in the subject line.  It will attract more attention and you will likely get much faster responses although Giulia‌ certainly was on the ball here.  We have all been where you are and we all want you to succeed.

Ellen

0 Kudos
elvan

I really hope you are getting stronger and stronger.  Not having enough oxygen is terrifying, saying prayers for you.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Cameree

I went to spend the holidays with my daughter and didn't use my resources and found myself smoking 6 cigarettes a day. Now that I'm home I'm going to try and get it back down to one a day until I stop. I am so disappointed in myself for doing that. 

0 Kudos
elvan

Don't beat yourself up over it...go forward from today.  The sooner you completely quit, the better your chances at recovery from this addiction and halting the progression of your breathing issues.  I live with those issues every day and I would not wish this on ANYONE...and I MEAN that.  Stay close, we can't help you if you are not checking in.

Ellen

0 Kudos
TL_3

Keep remembering!  Every day is a choice!

0 Kudos