cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read a member curated list of EX Community content over 10+ years

Giulia

Abbreviations & Expressions Used in the EX Community

Why is abbreviation such a long word? 

6% CLUB = (those who have quit for one year or more)

Comma = 1,000 days smoke free

DDC = DOUBLE DIGIT CLUB (once a member gets to 10 smoke-free days)

DOF = DAYS OF FREEDOM (the number of days absolutely smoke-free)

ELDER = (a member who has over a one-year quit and offers wisdom based on their experience)

HALT = Hungry, Angry Lonely, Tired (Each one of these four physical or emotional conditions, if not taken care of, leaves an individual vulnerable for relapse.)

Heck Week = the second week of a quit

Hell Week = the first week of a quit

JFT = just for today

KOKO = KEEP ON KEEPING ON

NADO = NEVER ANOTHER DAY ONE

NEF = NEVER EVER FORGET (how hard it was to quit and that no one wants to start over)

NML = NO MAN'S LAND (Day 30 through approximately 130)

NOPE = NOT ONE PUFF EVER (based on the Law of Addition:  "Administration of a drug to an addict will cause re-establishment of chemical dependence upon the addictivesubstance."  Yes, even one puff.)

SINAO = SMOKING IS NOT AN OPTION

TDC = TRIPLE DIGIT CLUB (Those with 100 days or more smoke free)

QUITITUDE (QUIT TUDE) = a, positive,  can-do attitude toward your quit where YOU take the helm.

QUAD SQUAD = (those who have quit for 1,000 days or more)

39 Replies
Jessica5999

How do I get this abbreviated statements in my inbox and on blog or comment list.

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jessica5999 wrote:

How do I get this abbreviated statements in my inbox and on blog or comment list.

I'm not sure what you mean.  Do you mean you want a copy of Giulia‌'s post above or you want to be notified when someone replies? Please provide more detail on what you're looking for as far as abbreviated statements.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Giulia

Hi Jessica.  I'm not sure what you mean either.  I think you can click on "Following" if you want to see if there are any new comments or I edit and add to the list, or you could bookmark it and easily get back to it that way.  Does that help?

Tsaddik1

Thanks.  Quititude is a good one.

Thanks for the explanation I see these in the blogs and conversations now it so much easier to to add them to my own quit. So helpful Guillia .

0 Kudos
Giulia

Glad you found it useful.  Thanks for letting me know!

Thanks for making these clear for us newbies... It's hard enough to figure all this site has to offer without being lost on abbreviations. Very helpful.

0 Kudos
Giulia

Oh good!  Glad you found it helpful.  Hopefully when the site moves to the new platform, it will all be easier to figure everything out!

0 Kudos
Giulia

@CommunityAdmin Perhaps you could direct cerengay to the best place for answers to this question.

0 Kudos
Giulia

Hello there.  I've alerted our community manager, Mark, to your question and he might indicate the best place to find answers.  This is just a blog about Abbreviations.  Hope your quit is going well.

0 Kudos