cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read a member curated list of EX Community content over 10+ years

Giulia

Abbreviations & Expressions Used in the EX Community

Why is abbreviation such a long word? 

6% CLUB = (those who have quit for one year or more)

Comma = 1,000 days smoke free

DDC = DOUBLE DIGIT CLUB (once a member gets to 10 smoke-free days)

DOF = DAYS OF FREEDOM (the number of days absolutely smoke-free)

ELDER = (a member who has over a one-year quit and offers wisdom based on their experience)

HALT = Hungry, Angry Lonely, Tired (Each one of these four physical or emotional conditions, if not taken care of, leaves an individual vulnerable for relapse.)

Heck Week = the second week of a quit

Hell Week = the first week of a quit

JFT = just for today

KOKO = KEEP ON KEEPING ON

NADO = NEVER ANOTHER DAY ONE

NEF = NEVER EVER FORGET (how hard it was to quit and that no one wants to start over)

NML = NO MAN'S LAND (Day 30 through approximately 130)

NOPE = NOT ONE PUFF EVER (based on the Law of Addition:  "Administration of a drug to an addict will cause re-establishment of chemical dependence upon the addictivesubstance."  Yes, even one puff.)

SINAO = SMOKING IS NOT AN OPTION

TDC = TRIPLE DIGIT CLUB (Those with 100 days or more smoke free)

QUITITUDE (QUIT TUDE) = a, positive,  can-do attitude toward your quit where YOU take the helm.

QUAD SQUAD = (those who have quit for 1,000 days or more)

39 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Probably should add MOO to the list.

I hadn't see that before today and thought perhaps it was some cattle reference.   Glad to know it means My Opinion Only.  I've typically seen people use IMHO (In My Humble Opinion) or IMNSHO (In My Not So Humble Opinion) or IMO (In My Opinion).

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Giulia

MOO is strictly mine and I usually put "my opinion only" in parens after it.  If it's picked up in sufficient quantity to warrant adding to the list, I will.  But at the moment I don't think it's referenced enough to add it in.  Also, IMHO, etc. are internet abbreviations, whereas the abbreviations on this Ex list really have a more quit-specific relevance.  MOO!   HA!

Cow lick wazup.gif

gardenancy8

Good to know what they all mean!  

0 Kudos

I think we have a lot of new quitters. Just commenting to bring it back to the top

Bree19

Good idea.  Thanks Kristen.

Bree

KMC56

Thanks G... and I remembered them all...and that's really what got me to 2 year Smoke Free!  It's amazing what acronyms can do for you..and of course the awesome folks here on site!

~Kathy 741 DOF!

Giulia

It IS amazing what acronyms can do for you!

And thanks for commenting Kristen and thus giving it a bump up!  Appreciate it.

You are most welcome. I know when I first came here I didn’t know what the heck you guys were all talking about! 

0 Kudos
Giulia

Yes, well, that's what an education will give you!  lol

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

NMW: No Matter What I don't always remember that one.

NWL: No Woman's Land (aka No Man's Land)

EX Community Admin Team