cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandolinrain

Progression of Nancy aka 'Youngatheart'

I have not finished Giulia yet but decided to go ahead and begin this one of Nancy. I often have a few going at the same time as I like to look at them awhile and makes changes. Stepping back helps me see what I miss when I am sitting up close to the canvas.

Anyway YoungAtHeart  said this was of her favorite pictures of her before she became ill from smoking. Beautiful lady, inside and out.....and still is.

Anyone care to guess who my next favorite Elder will be at the drawing board? I will give you a hint. It is a Male  I have several of you in mind that I want to paint.  This could be pretty fun, just saying  If you and would like me to paint a portrait of you, send me a PM with a picture you like of yourself. I can paint you with your significant other in it as well, if you want. This is wonderful practice for me and I will send you finished piece free of charge. This is just hobby. Have a great day, xoxo  ps: kids are fun to paint as well  or sons'~ daughters, ~grandkids,....whatever. ~

fullsizeoutput_331.jpegIMG_0254.jpgIMG_0255.jpg

Thats all ya get for now. I will post the finished one of Guilia when it is complete

PS: Being an Elder is not a requirement

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
26 Replies
Jo1234

Love what you're doing so far. Are these in oil paint? I have done a couple of portraits in watercolor (which I think is the hardest) and a couple in acrylic. I have a lot of different mediums. Your work is wonderful. If I knew how to upload mine I would. I have done one of my dog and one of my cats 

YoungAtHeart

I can almost feel the drool coming off that tongue!

Wonderful!

Giulia

Gee that SWELL, Jo!  How wonderful to be able to paint what you see.  It's such a beautiful gift.

Mandolinrain

Jo1234‌ Thats very good work! I love it! These I am doing now are in Acrylic. Once I get better at people I will use oils, its just that Oils are much more costly. But great job on your dog,......... more please

my daughter took this last October

stick glasses Small.jpg

1927573_41977891972_8407_n.jpg

this was in 2007, the year I quit smoking. I was out with a quit buddy a few months after I quit.

Mandolinrain

Yep Dale...YOU are next. I saw these pics on your page and I especially like the red hat one, so thats the one I selected, but if have another one thats fine as well. The only thing is, could you post a pic of the entire hat? I cant see the top of it.  JonesCarpeDiem

jonimarie

You look a tad older...although I choose to use the word wiser 

Amazing how smoking just gives us a washed out foggy look

You look so much healthier and glow compared to the year you quit