cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gridley513

Creative and Crafty Quitters

Anyone want to learn how to knit or crochet? It is a great thing to do with your hands when you are quitting. It can be really addictive as well. I am working on an afghan and have been making a square when I get the urge to smoke. It is going to be my Quit blanket.

Hoping to find some other people interested in doing some crafty artsy stuff while quitting!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
48 Replies
mmerose

Easy to learn! I had lessons I hated as a teen, retaught myself at 50! Now it's my relaxation, especially with an audiobook to listen to as I knit.
0 Kudos
mmerose

Ravelry just requested permission to use my sock picture on the pattern page for these socks! I am so surprised and flattered! There are several others who have pictures of their versions of these on their projects page. I guess I really can knit socks! Or do they just love my daughter's feet? lol!
0 Kudos
Jules7

I do crazy quilts and standard quilts. I never thought of books on tape. Great idea!
0 Kudos
Jules7

It is a particularly good picture. Something about the angle of her feet. What an honor. Congrats!
0 Kudos
mmerose

Hi, Shannon! Come join Ravelry, we'll get you knitting! There are also a lot of crocheters there. I'm up in Lake Forest Park, by the way, hi, almost neighbor!
0 Kudos
Jules7

I used to live in Portland OR and it was there that I learned to crochet, quilt and make things with beads. I think it was because it rained a lot! Now I live in a sunny place and still do all those things.
0 Kudos

I need this group, I hope someone else joins it!!

0 Kudos
amethyst3

I love to craft and work with many different textiles so was very happy to find this group. I am beginning a craft class in my home in February. I will have new projects with full lists of supplies if anyone here would be interested. I cannot post pics right now as my camera is dead but my daughter will be bringing hers down so I can post pics for future classes.

0 Kudos
tigtazpooh

wow those are cool,i use to know how to do granny squares vut it has been so long that i have forgotten how,that would deffinatley kkep your mind off smoking ciggs.I color write poems read scriptures that thomas posted on a blog while back,i visit freinds and fanily members that dont smoke,i try to go to resturants and gas stations,hanging there as long as i can stand it,go for walks,set alarm for every two or more hours before i light up agian.I do cross search puzzels,whatever,i even have been making birthday cards or christmas cards for family and freinds with my scrapbook thing that my mom got me few years ago.I am alos thinking of getting gootd camera to take photos of placesd ive been or plan on going and things like that,plus i try to get on here as often as i can to read other peoples blos and look for websites that talk about how badly nicotein can harm you on inside and out.

0 Kudos
hattie

Hi fellow spinners and knitters!

I've been knitting since I was a kid; my mom taught me... of course!

I've also been doing a whole lot more knitting and spinning since I signed on here at EX! Keeping my hands busy helps a lot... a whole lot, to be sure.

At present I'm knitting up some lovely gray wool that I spun from a sheep named "Riley!" Think of rag wool socks, and you'll know what I'm talking about. The yarn is as soft as a dream... Shetland wool.

I'm also spinning up the white wool from a sheep named "Ink Spot!" Ink Spot is the most beautiful creamy white with jet black patches in the fleece. Soft and beautiful. I can't wait to knit this wool up... it is also Shetland Wool!

I hope you spinners and knitters turn up and visit! There is always something to learn or talk about!

0 Kudos