cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gridley513

Creative and Crafty Quitters

Anyone want to learn how to knit or crochet? It is a great thing to do with your hands when you are quitting. It can be really addictive as well. I am working on an afghan and have been making a square when I get the urge to smoke. It is going to be my Quit blanket.

Hoping to find some other people interested in doing some crafty artsy stuff while quitting!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
48 Replies
gridley513

Yay, a few more members!! I have a super busy next couple days, but I will be back as soon as I can!!!!

I will try to check on that lefty issue. I know I can find some good hints. 🙂
0 Kudos
Jules7

http://www.craftbits.com/viewProject.do?projectID=1324
  Here is a how to for left handed crochet. It has pictures to demonstrate. Pretty cool.
0 Kudos
katheen

Jlis, thank you for your tip because I need all the help that I can get at this point. Thankyou to everybody else also because it's all good advise from others who have gone before me here day 2 and I feel great so far.

Kathleen
0 Kudos
jan__tx

I can crochet a chain stitch 🙂 lol really I love making jewelry:)
0 Kudos
gridley513

Another awesome site is ravelry.com. I think you still have to wait to get into it, maybe a couple days or something. It is not the best place for learning (as far as I can tell) but it is a great place to find patterns and inspiration for crochet and knitting.

Here's another fun place to look for cute kids knit toys, but they are for sale, not free. Just fun to look 🙂 I plan to do the snake someday soon.
  http://mochimochiland.com/
0 Kudos
katheen

Still doing the granny square to make a throw for the love seat that we have. Going to be a Great Aunt so maybe I can do something else for the baby that is due in June sometime.

Kathleen
0 Kudos
Jules7

Every Sunday I have girlfriends over for a gathering called stitch and bitch. We work on our projects and hang out. It is fun. I am going to try to get a photo of my crazy quilt pillow today and see if I have the tech skills to post it for you all.
0 Kudos
gridley513

I will try and get some pics up maybe tomorrow as well.. I have the day off tomorrow!! YAY!!! Not that I will have all that much time to myself, but still... 🙂
0 Kudos
mmerose

Hi! I quit 6 days ago. I'm an obsessed knitter and occasional quilter. I'm also on Ravelry and myFolia (for my obsessive gardening, lol!)
  I recently completed my second pair of socks. The first pair will never see the light of day! I prefer to knit sweaters however, for myself and my 20 yr old daughter.

0 Kudos
Jules7

Nice socks!!! I am in awe of knitting.
0 Kudos