cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandolinrain

Another respected Elder done~Jackie

The picture I had to go by of her was not crisp edges and hard to see, and I think I could do better. I need to find a better place to have the photos developed, they have been dropping the ball recently, where I go. Like all the other ones, I will tweak it every now and then. And a reminder to those I have already painted.....none of them are dry yet, so it will be awhile before I send them out to you.

Anyway Heres Jackie Progression:

IMG_0565.jpgIMG_0571.jpgIMG_0592.jpgIMG_0593.jpg58767592641__E2D82EC0-C736-461B-9348-94DBCE576E83.JPG58768877163__68074BFA-955C-41F9-B459-FA208A0939E9.JPGIMG_0602.jpgIMG_0603.jpg

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
51 Replies
bonniebee

What a beautiful portrait of Jackie ...a beautiful lady !

Cricket

Just Love it!! Amazing!  I bet you could make an awesome reborn baby doll!!!! 

Mandolinrain

Thanks. I dunno about that though....I have no clue how to do them, but I sure enjoy seeing yours, they are stunning!

0 Kudos
Cricket

Well, I am self tought by YouTube and I don't have half your talent!  Just think you would do well;)

Mandolinrain

Self taught here to,,,, gifts from God we have, I'd say

JACKIE1-25-15

I received my painting today. It arrived safely in one piece although due to the rains here the envelope was wet. I was very apprehensive that it may have been damaged. Due to the care that you took in packaging, it is fine.  I am amazed that you can actually paint and position my head the exact way I hold it.  I am being honest,  I am looking directly at myself.  Yes is it a painting of me but I am astonished that you have given the painting life.  A rare feat to be accomplished.   I can not say you are talented because we all have talents. You are truly gifted with a gift from God.  I see how you captured the very way that I smile. It is a family thing so I know.  The color of my skin, glowing, gosh clarity of the eyes, I am bragging on myself now, wow, beautiful.  Thank you, Missy, Mandolinrain for allowing me to see myself.  Heartfelt warm emotions.  I am honored that you chose to paint me.  God bless you. I will cherish it for the rest of my life. It is a beautiful, captivating, EXcellent work, not talking about myself but the work.  Thank you for sharing your gift with me. May you have blessings upon blessings. 

Mandolinrain

Awww your response made tears in my eyes JACKIE1-25-15. Im glad your like it. Doing people is new to me, but am having fun and you were a beautiful model to paint  xoxo

JACKIE1-25-15

My son is also a gifted artist and he complimented your work.

Mandolinrain

Would love to see some of his work

Giulia

You know, you said it beautifully, Jackie.  My portrait is hanging on the wall where a really ugly piece of art that my aunt did (she did some truly magnificent pieces, but this was one of the early works with a hideous looking  real star fish & not a pretty one -  and her sons gave it to me as a "consolation" prize, after her funeral! lol).  I kept it up there forever just because I loved her dearly and wanted to honor her, but I gotta tell you, looking at my portrait is just so uplifting.  And it's not an ego thing, it's the complete opposite.  It's so humbling to have someone, out of pure love and giving spirit, paint you.  It's kind of mind blowing, really.  And definitely you feel tremendously honored.  

You are blessing in life, Missy.  You really are.  I hope you grasp how much you're cherished here.