cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandolinrain

New work

So I have another Elder started, can you guess who this is? I start by graphing my subject but from now on am going to try just blocking to start.  anyway. heres the next Elder :

IMG_0569.jpg

Then I just finished these two:

This is My Mom as a child with her Mom , my Nana. I plan to give this to her next weekend for her 90th Birthday:

IMG_0660.jpgIMG_0681.jpgThe original pic was not real clear to see, pictured in first photo.

Then this is a friends grand-daughter-commissioned piece which I did with a twist of impressionistic style:

58889387652__1C55E3F5-2BC2-4D3D-84BD-7B38BFEC2E7D.JPG

Okay, outta here

Can you tell me who the Elder is??????

I should mention:

JonesCarpeDiem‌ , pir8fan‌ and JACKIE1-25-15....I will be mailing yours out to you mid week this coming week.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
8 Replies
indingrl

Beloved Thomas

Mandolinrain

sweetplt

Mandolinrain Hi Missy...Ah that is Thomas...so good to put a face with a name...Your mom is going to love the picture....I know at 90 they look back on their life often and reminisce about their childhood...how wonderful to give that painting to her...oh geez I am tearing up...all your work is done beautifully...I feel the hearts and souls of each person...you truly make them come alive...Thank you for sharing your talent....Happy Sunday ~ Colleen 272 DOF 

Mandolinrain

What a sweet comment, thank you Colleen. I truly enjoy this and I have you on my list as well  I work hard on the eyes more than any other part because if I can capture their eye, then it leads me to do better on the rest of the portrait

Giulia

Smashing!  That granddaughter reminds me of Shashort!  You look so much like your mom in that painting.  Beautiful work, Missy.  Looking forward to Thomas.

Daniela2016

Over the moon talented, that's what you are Missy, wonderful!

Mandolinrain

Yes Thomas has been started and our MarilynH is on deck  Hoping to mail out JonesCarpeDiem

JACKIE1-25-15‌ and pir8fan tomorrow or Wednesday...Thursday at latest

JACKIE1-25-15

I am being patient.  No rush.