Why Request a New Group?
To ensure that social groups are as healthy as they can be, we've come up with a process to ensure that we avoid creating multiple groups that might serve the same purpose. Right now, we have over 200 Groups on BecomeAnEX. These groups were established in 2016 or earlier, and were strategically consolidated from over 600 groups.
On occasion, members may want to form a new group that doesn’t fit into the existing groups. If that is the case, you can request a New Group.
How to Request a New Group
We have a request and approval process for group creation.
To request a new group, please follow the steps below:
1. Browse our existing groups to see if a group currently exists by clicking Groups from the Homepage and selecting “All Groups” from the dropdown.
2. If one doesn't exist on the topic you’d like, go to Community Help and click “Submit Feedback.”
3. Post a Discussion that answers the following questions:
- What will be the name of your group?
- What is the purpose, mission or common idea surrounding your group?
- Who will manage the group?
- How would you describe your group to others?
- What key words would you use to summarize your group?
4. Tag your post with “group_request”
5. Post your discussion.
The Community will then be able to comment on your request. The EX Team will also review your request to determine if the new group is a good fit for the Community and ensure a similar group does not already exist. Other members’ comments will be taken into consideration as part of the review.
If approved by the EX Team, you will be notified and a Social Group Admin training date will be set for the designated group manager.
You can find other group requests by going to Community Help from the Homepage and clicking “Content.”
Click “Filter by tag” and then type in “group_request" or by clicking here view all the current requests.