Welcome to the EX Café Sun 04.02.17

Welcome to The EX Café 04.02.2017

ExCafe2banner.jpg

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
22 Replies
gregp136

Wow, first in.  Should I take a seat by the window?  Or by the counter?  Hello Pops‌, I could use a cup of coffee.  

0 Kudos
Pops

• Wow!  Good morning....what a time I had getting this place open this morning.  c2q should be pretty proud of me today.  It sorta (I said sorta) looks like I might have gotten it.  I'm sure something isn't right, but at least I can find the place now.

So let me start this morning off by informing my friends here about my schedule today....I have a very dear friend of mine that is moving today, and she and her brother have asked for my help starting @ noon today in a town about 20 minutes away.  The pair of them both seem to think that we will be involved for about 3 - 3.5 hours max.  If my experience in life has taught me one thing, it is if it is scheduled for 3.5 hours, it is most likely going to take 6 hours....

So, that my friends means that from approximately 11:30 this morning, until probably 4:30 this evening....I will be trusting this mottley crowd to not trash the place too badly and to help yourselves to the open bar, and try to not have any brawls or catfights while I'm out rescuing a "damsel" in distress...

With that being said, let's get some food and coffee going here this morning...

Helpful YesNoLike0Reply
  • Pops8

Helpful YesNoLike0Reply
  • susan_m

Good morning, Pops!  It's awesome that you're helping a friend move today!  I'm sure that everyone will be om thier best behavior while the cafe is unmanned. I'd help out, but we took delivery of our gorgeous new bike yesterday,  and the weather is nice.....you KNOW what that means, right?

I loved the jokes!!!

I'm drinking whatever you're pouring, as long as it's caffeinated!

any-minute-now-the-caffeine-will-kick-in-any-minute-6027828.png

Helpful YesNoLike0Reply
      • Pops8

Good morning susan_m .  You are rocking your quit!  I'm so happy for you.  How is the new scooter going?  

Helpful YesNoLike0Reply
          • susan_m

Took delivery yesyerday and we are taking her out today.  I promised you a picture.....:)

20170401_151325.jpg

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Helpful YesNoLiked1Reply
              • Pops8

This is a week of envy for me....my brother in the canaries, you on that new scooter....whahhhh whahhhhh whahhhhh....I need to call 1 800 wham bulance!

Helpful YesNoLike0Reply
                  • susan_m

Lol.....I can see that!  I am jealous of your brother,  too!

Helpful YesNoLike0Reply
                      • Pops8

Now I don't want to be a "kill joy"...but you guys need to be extremely careful for the first few rides.  I used to teach "defensive driving," and it is a proven fact that 85% of all accidents on motorcycles happen in the first 1,000 miles of ownership.  He needs to get used to the "newness" and the different level of power....I'm just saying.....and don't forget to have fun!!!!!!

I opened mine up to 130 mph the day after I got it out...so I understand if he tells me to mind my own business....

oops, I didn't see the profanity on his tee shirt, sorry....so I deleted it.....

Helpful YesNoLike0Reply
                          • susan_m

Pops, I love that you are so safety oriented......too many riders aren't!  We live and breathe safety in this house; the hubs is a regional safety manager for a trucking company and he's been riding his whole life.  You guys should swap stories!

Helpful YesNoLike0Reply
                • c2q

Pops8 those donuts look just the thing this morning to get me going. It feels like a lazy day. How about some white coffee this AM?

The jokes are a riot . . . no bricks, please.

Hi susan_m! I'm jealous of you guys out there on the road today. It's a perfect day here for it. Is it too far for you to stop by and show off that new bike? Gorgeous.

Helpful YesNoLike0Reply
                  • c2q

Oh, and Pops8 - the place looks great this am. I love the new mural.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      Helpful YesNoLiked1Reply
                    • Jennifer_Quit_05-01-14

Good morning everyone!  The coffee looks great the morning!  Enjoyed the jokes Pops - hope you don't have to work too hard this afternoon - moving is a big job - hopefully she is prepared - that makes a big difference.

Helpful YesNoLike0Reply
                      0 Kudos
                      Pops

Good morning Gregg,

I'm having some trouble with the site today....i'll do my best here....

c2q

0 Kudos
                      Pops

i am sooooo confused...I am about to lose all of my cookies here...now i can't figure out how to post the new tag....i'm calling you now

grrrrrrr

0 Kudos
                      gregp136

No Problem!  Happy to be here!

0 Kudos
                      YoungAtHeart

Don't be worrying Pops‌, it took me months to figure out all the steps to post the train.  When I think I finally GOT it, CRAP!  something isn't right.

I LOL at some of those jokes this morning.  I LOVE laughter with my morning coffee!  Thanks.

Sad you won't get in a ride today - looks like it's gonna' be a good one!  130 mph?

I think I'll take a cuppa' with milk this morning   I see  a chocolate frosted  donut back there.  Would love to have that!

I promise not to trash the place while you are gone (that toilet paper in my purse is in case the bathroom needs to be replenished!!!)

🙂

0 Kudos
                      Pops

lol you are too funny....

so are you good with the doughnuts....??? here is some joe

0 Kudos
                      c2q

It's a beautiful day, Pops‌. Hope you get a chance to enjoy it. I don't envy you all that moving, but what a sense of accomplishment when you're done. Glad to see everythings back in place here.

WhenInDoubtMore.jpg