cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Juliette67

MY THIRD DAY

Hi everyone, i quit on Sat the 18th of March and did so well over the weekend.  Now that i am back at work with smoking collegues and used to going out for a quick smoke, I am so battling but will stick to my resolve and not smoke.

8 Replies

Do you have a plan for your breaks? I skipped mine. But many folks go for walks, hang with the non-smokers, check their messages, exercise and take deep breaths. Word puzzles are great sources of dopamine - which is that part of smoking you're really missing! You can find your New Normal - you just need time!

YoungAtHeart

All normal as your body and mind adjust to life without the drug it has become used to getting.  Try changing up your routines.  Can you bring a crossword puzzle book and find a quiet place to take your break, or take the good advice ofThomas3.20.2010‌ and go for a quick walk,  You might take your cell and call a friend?

Just don't smoke!!!

Nancy

0 Kudos
elvan

I did the same thing as Thomas, I skipped breaks until I was well over a couple of months and comfortable with going outside with the only other person where I worked who smoked.  She was a good friend and she kept asking me to come...when I did, I would not sit on the bench with her and I would not sit downwind, I told her that I could not risk my quit.  I also talked about my quit ALL of the time and drove her crazy, hahahahaha.  She is still smoking, unfortunately.

0 Kudos
yankeeboy

Hang in there.

0 Kudos
Strudel

Yes - have a plan - a new routine. You are doing fine - your resolve sounds great! Congrats to you! 

0 Kudos
gregp136

Hang in there, you can do it.

0 Kudos
Juliette67

Thanks so much everyone, I need to find my niche in a non-smokers life and change my habits a bit.

0 Kudos
elvan

That's the key, change things up.  You really CAN do this and you will be surprised at how much more productive you will feel.  It's going to get easier!

0 Kudos