cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Update Images

Jump to solution

I believe that the originator of a status update can upload an image.  I have not been successful in uploading an image when I am replying to a status update.  Am I overlooking something?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jennifer-Quit‌ You're not overlooking anything. You can only @mention in a reply.  Inserting or inserting an image isn't possible.  A "link" may work in the reply though the image wouldn't display.  

Having images appear on the Elgg Message Boards was more of a happy accident that you all figured out.  It wasn't their original intention to allow it as there weren't any "controls" to insert it. The people who did it inserted html code to make it appear. It was more of a "happy accident" than anything.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jennifer-Quit‌ You're not overlooking anything. You can only @mention in a reply.  Inserting or inserting an image isn't possible.  A "link" may work in the reply though the image wouldn't display.  

Having images appear on the Elgg Message Boards was more of a happy accident that you all figured out.  It wasn't their original intention to allow it as there weren't any "controls" to insert it. The people who did it inserted html code to make it appear. It was more of a "happy accident" than anything.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos