cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Daniela2016

17 new members on 3/15

Such a beautiful number for one day!  I have not been here long enough to know if in the past we had so many people join in one day.

Congratulations to all who made the decision to better yourself, your health, improve the quality of your life!

Please come forward, introduce yourself, we will love to help, share our experiences, support the best we know!

You can always elect to just read, educate yourself about our common addiction to nicotine, and how every member who posted here is living their own journey.

Based on my own experience becoming involved with the community helped a lot; living the sense of belonging, knowing I am not alone going through strange feelings, sometimes made the difference between staying quit or picking up a smoke!  And I did not, not for 369 days, and counting...

Congratulations!

6 Replies
MarilynH

Yay for you Daniela2016 on your precious 369 DOF, yay for me and yay for everyone in your glorious quit, whether you're on day one, day 10, 100 or whatever, as long as you stick with N.O.P.E- Not One Puff Ever then you can smile each evening and say YAY FOR ANOTHER DAY WON! Thanks for this great post.

Jennifer-Quit

On the old platform we did have a lot of new members each day - unfortunately most never became active.  I am still doing my best to maintain my new members/quitters list.  These are only the new members who have written a blog, discussion, or question.  There does seem to be more new active members on the new platform.  I plan to keep them on the list for about 2 months and then purge them off.  

Unless I misunderstood, it was stated during our telephone conference the other night that the site is expected to grow because they are working on developing partnerships with other organizations.  I may have not worded this correctly Mark‌ but the message is that the site is expected to grow.  

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jennifer_Quit_05-01-14 wrote:

Unless I misunderstood, it was stated during our telephone conference the other night that the site is expected to grow because they are working on developing partnerships with other organizations.  I may have not worded this correctly Mark but the message is that the site is expected to grow.  

Yes, our current registrations are from people finding us in a couple different ways from referrals, to organic searches, some ads, wallet cards, health fairs and even some company's benefits page may list us.  In the future we may see registrations from specific companies who work directly with us and have their members register. Through this, we hope to see the number of people looking to quit increase.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Jennifer-Quit

This is copied from the Event Summary of the telephone conference:

• The EX Community is growing and will continue to grow as EX brings on new partners to help more and more smokers quit. It is likely not sustainable for Elders or long-time members to be able to keep up and *each* respond to every single new post.
  • We will all collectively need to work together to find new routines that feel comfortable and trust that, Community-wide, each post gets responded to by someone, if not everyone.
elvan

I think the number of people we are seeing is wonderful...there is no way that we can all respond to every person but the more active a person is, the more likely they are to get comments and encouragement.  I found EX through a search and it was several months before I quit.  I came and read and lurked and ran away and then came back and did the same thing all over again. I think more and more people are coming AND getting welcomed from the start and that's really pretty WONderful!

Sootie

Yes----If I can just add something......the site is changing and growing which is a GREAT thing if we keep our goal in mind....MORE PEOPLE QUITTING SMOKING!!! But, this will change the site, no doubt about it. Let's try to be supportive and change with it. There IS no way everyone can respond to everyone now that we are getting so many new ACTIVE members every day. But, we can all try to respond to at least one or two, welcome them, tell them to blog and move forward from there. We can all look at Jennifer's list and respond to people on there.

I think there were two or three NEW people on the call the other night. That's fantastic! And I believe both of them felt the community was very welcoming and helpful. So------we're still doing something right!!

YAY US!!