cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

susan_m

Superbowl

One of the perks of quitting smoking is that you get to check off a whole bunch of smoke-free firsts.  Your first weekend, Monday, holiday, birthday, etc. For many of us, this will be our first smoke-free Superbowl!  

In fairness, I live in Indianapolis. I know there are other stress inducing NFL teams out there, but seriously, I'd be hard pressed to count how many cigarettes I smoked while silently cussing the offensive line and entire defense of the Colts.  But, I digress.

How fun will it be not to miss a play, a commercial or any commentary (ok, maybe you do want to miss that  ) because you have to go outside and feed your addiction?  Even if you paused your tv, you knew you weren't watching live, and part of you knew that you were missing out. No more!  You're free!

So, the important question isn't whether or not you'll be able to comfortably smoke, the important question is WHO WILL WIN?

As for me and mine, it's always going to be anybody but the Patriots. Go dirty birds!!!

atlfalcons.jpg

14 Replies
RachelMB

Hi Susan-

I used to miss some commercials because I was out smoking.  My husband would tell me all about them when I came back in. It's going to be wonderful not to miss any of it this year.  I'm always into the commercials and not the game.   Have a great day my friend!

Rachel

Mortalzeus

Being a die hard New Orleans Saints fan (WHO DAT) I cannot cheer on the "Dirty Birds" and I am an "Anybody but the Patriots" guy, so I am hoping for some good commercials!

Darren

0 Kudos

C'mon Darren...you can pull for em once...right...right...

Keep on keepin on,

M n @

0 Kudos
Mortalzeus

falcons.jpg

Ok Mike for you I will pull for another Super Bowl Victor from the NFC SOUTH!!

0 Kudos

You da man!!!

KOKO,

M n @

I think you know who I'm pullin for. Enjoy your first smoke free Superbowl Susan!

Keep on keepin on,

M n @

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

Enjoy your smoke-free super bowl!  Beware of triggers!  I really watch for the commercials and half time show!

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

I am in the :"Anybody but Tom Brady/Bill Belichick" crowd, too - so its the Falcons for me.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Brady!

JACKIE1-25-15

Enjoy the smo,ke free game.first is great.

0 Kudos