cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Louis1988

Problems with editing profile

Jump to solution

In my "edit profile" I am having trouble filling it out.  It won't allow me to enter my last name.  Does anyone know how to correct this?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Louis-

You edit your first and last name on your My Quit Plan profile.  If you update it there it still won't appear on the community.

The first name and last name fields are locked down for privacy reasons and so people don't accidentally share their name publicly.  We value privacy on our online community and strive to protect the identities of our members.  If you wish to share your identity that is up to you however we always recommend ensuring you trust the other person before sharing your personal information online.

I've been fortunate to meet quite a few members last year at the https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/ex-weekend-2016?sr=search&searchId=d47a0f94-089d-4604-a45c...‌ get together last May.  

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

3 Replies

That field does not appear to populate.  I would disregard it for now.  I do not believe your last name is absolutely necessary.  

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Louis-

You edit your first and last name on your My Quit Plan profile.  If you update it there it still won't appear on the community.

The first name and last name fields are locked down for privacy reasons and so people don't accidentally share their name publicly.  We value privacy on our online community and strive to protect the identities of our members.  If you wish to share your identity that is up to you however we always recommend ensuring you trust the other person before sharing your personal information online.

I've been fortunate to meet quite a few members last year at the https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/ex-weekend-2016?sr=search&searchId=d47a0f94-089d-4604-a45c...‌ get together last May.  

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

I see, thank you very much for helping me out with this issue of mine.  I did go to My Quit Plan and it says that my profile is 100% completed.  So I take it that I'm good to go.  I do understand what you mean with the protection of our privacy and I really appreciate all that you do to protect us, THANK YOU for that as well!!!!  

On another note, I found the Christian group and I was happy to see that my "icon" photo I used for my group on the other site has been brought over to the new site's Christian group icon.  Very neat!!!!

Thanks again for all your help!!!

God bless!!!!

Louis1988

0 Kudos