cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you do a search for a username

Jump to solution

Like we used to do in the upper right corner? If so, where?

What happened to all our old pm's from the other platform?

If they weren't deleted, is there any way to download them?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

JonesCarpeDiem As Jennifer-Quit‌ mentions there are a couple different ways you can search for a username.  Member Directory or the Magnifying glass are the two best ways.  If there is a person you are thinking of but can't think of their exact username I would just start typing in the Magnifying glass one and it will start to search for every letter you type in and give you the potential matches.  With the new site there are some people who didn't have unique or valid usernames so they had to update them to be valid and unique. If they didn't we forced them to be unique so some people who were just Jeff before might be Jeff12 now if there were at least 13 instances of Jeff. 

I'd be glad to help in any way I can to find people.  Just let me know some details and hopefully we can locate them for you.  

PMs will be moved over as Direct Messages at a future date.  There isn't a way to download them.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies

You can search by user name by clicking on member directory (upper right) and typing name (or as much as you know) in the box "type to filter by text"  If you are looking for me, start typing jennif and it will bring up a list of possible matches - so to find me you don't have to know my complete user name.

Thanks. Yes I tried that before I posted the question and the user name did not show up. so I was hoping for a different method.

0 Kudos

who are you looking for?  You know - these are computers - close is not good enough 

0 Kudos

there is also the hourglass that you can click on to search for all kinds of thngs

EX_Team
Community Manager
Community Manager

Just wanted to post a quick response to your question about PMs, JonesCarpeDiem‌ -- we needed to move some content from the old platform on a "second moving truck," so to speak. PMs will be coming soon!

Thank you. I have no idea of who I was helping in the pm's and it was another tool in the toolbox.  🙂

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

JonesCarpeDiem As Jennifer-Quit‌ mentions there are a couple different ways you can search for a username.  Member Directory or the Magnifying glass are the two best ways.  If there is a person you are thinking of but can't think of their exact username I would just start typing in the Magnifying glass one and it will start to search for every letter you type in and give you the potential matches.  With the new site there are some people who didn't have unique or valid usernames so they had to update them to be valid and unique. If they didn't we forced them to be unique so some people who were just Jeff before might be Jeff12 now if there were at least 13 instances of Jeff. 

I'd be glad to help in any way I can to find people.  Just let me know some details and hopefully we can locate them for you.  

PMs will be moved over as Direct Messages at a future date.  There isn't a way to download them.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos