cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

c2q

Embracing Change

I like the new site AND it is driving me crazy. I appreciate everything thing that's been done to update and improve our quit community AND I want more. What does that make me? Here, in this moment, between yesterday and tomorrow.

Yes, I love how smoothly everything operates. I really like the site layout, the viewing and editing and formatting options - we are getting somewhere! Yes, I miss, really miss, message boards and the sense of community that seems harder to come by right now.  So let's all get down to business and make constructive suggestions about what we'd like, shall we? Here are some things I've thought of so far. I'm sure I'll think of more, and that's a good thing, not a complaint. Right now, I'd like:

View options:

1. on the Profile page, for people I am following and who are following me, a small collection board with just avatar images that have hover-over member names 
  1. on the Content page, the ability to customize the "your view" (why isn't this "my view"?)
  2. Drop down menus when hovering over buttons in the menu bar instead of another click
  3. Include the author and posting time/date on recent discussions

Navigation options:

1. Add a link for the freedom train on the home page
  2. For the daily pledge,
    • one click access to the active pledge stream,
    • "add comment" button at the top of the page,
    • add view option similar to that of content page so you can see more posts when making your own pledge,
    • change tag line on home page from "take the hand of another" - this stream is about strength in numbers.
  3. Ability to sort comments newest to oldest
  4. More filter content options
  5. Navigation bar for threads that have many comments, like the freedom train and the daily pledge

Site options:

Add topic forums on the conversation page

On the homepage, recognize currently active members.

More variety of what is shown on each page. Home shows popular content, Ex feed shows top and trending content, conversations shows popular content. Let's have one of these pages show new stuff, chronologically, by default, please.

Thanks for listening.

14 Replies
susan_m

pastedImage_1.jpg

Jennifer-Quit

That's a lot to try to answer in one reply.  Maybe we could hash it out one thing at a time.  

MarilynH

Yes, yes, yes, it is alot to hash out but you hit the nail on the head as far as what I'm thinking because I feel like I duck out of water and very disconnected even though there's mega positives here but we need to get that closeness back at least I feel we aren't getting it with this new format but I'm sure we will but we need to figure out how! c2q

0 Kudos
c2q

Hmmm. I wondered when I posted it if I should put all my ideas together or break them up. Maybe this would work better as a poll. I'll think about that. Thanks Jennifer-Quit and MarilynH‌ And I agree, Marilyn, about missing the sense of community. I haven't had much time to be on this last week - sister-in-law in the hospital, but I'll be more active again soon. Miss you.

0 Kudos
MarilynH

We'll all figure it out but we need to feel connected or I know I do, I hope your sister in law is going to be ok. c2q

0 Kudos
c2q

thanks. There's some basic stuff that I just want. I want to be able to at least click on you and see what you've been up to, what you've written, the comments you've made. I miss the connect.

Kudos to you, Pati! I can't even form the questions I'm so lost! But I would like to have a My Page! Is that even doable? And to be able to decorate the cloudy background with something I like! I have no clue about what can be done - just saying! That was a big part of feeling "at home!" When I went to pir8fan‌ I saw his house and dog! When I went to indingrl‌ I'd see something decorated just for her each time! Delightful! It's like walking into somebody's World and bringing it to me! Other stuff in time will be pretty OK probably. I didn't know you coud find people easier - to me, it's still harder but I will learn that! 

I just want to get back to Nicotine Recovery which is what we're all about!

c2q

Hi Thomas! I am so happy you stopped by. Thanks for the great comment. I think that sense of neighborhood is very doable in jive, and I think it is something we can get back. Let's find a way to keep this conversation going.

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

Thomas3.20.2010‌ I do miss the ability to personalize our profile page.  I don't think it is doable.  But like you said - we need to get back to our real purpose and that is helping people with nicotine addiction!

0 Kudos