cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

emomma25

day 1 with restless legs?

Anyone else experiencing this?  I don't necessarily feel like I want to smoke but definitely have very restless legs.  Is this common?  I am using the patch and the gum.  Does it get better eventually?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
susan_m

Hey there!  It certainly was for me... especially the first week.  I quit cold turkey - so that may have contributed as well.  I went to bed really early that first week to avoid the frustrating restless feeling.

It will pass!  Trust me when I say that the temporary discomfort is worth it to be able to break free of smoking.  Take it one day at a time and reach out when you need help.  WE ALL UNDERSTAND!

Susan

I can't answer your question because I have always had restless leg syndrome.  It hasn't stopped since I quit smoking over a year ago

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

I don't know about the restless leg problem - I did not experience that.  I did use the patch to help me quit but not in combination  with the gum.  The patch did help.  Best wishes to you.

0 Kudos
joedice711

don,t get discouraged it gets better every day.     not sure about the leg thing..

0 Kudos

yes, it does get better.  I had that for about 2 weeks off and on.  Believe it or not, it's the depletion of dopamine that causes it.  Here's an interesting article that explains it pretty well:  https://psychdrugs.wordpress.com/2008/09/08/quitting-smoking-and-rls-restless-leg-syndrome-natural-r...

cheyenne7

Congratulations on Day 1!!!!!

0 Kudos
ShawnP

How is your quit going emomma25‌?

0 Kudos
emomma25

Good morning!  It's actually going pretty well although I got struck down by the dreaded stomach bug that's been circulating on Thursday night and was out for a few days.  I think that might have actually been a good thing as there was definitely no desire to smoke (or eat, or get off the couch, or participate in life generally).  So today I'm back at it, minor craving this morning but other than that feeling good!  Best to everyone out there today!

susan_m

So, is this day 5 or day 6?  It was around this time that I started feeling better.... I hope you experience the same!! 

0 Kudos