cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
claudia2

Asparagus Soup

Asparagus Soup

Enjoy the taste of garden fresh asparagus in this tasty soup that takes only 30 minutes to cook!

Serving: 4
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 medium potato
4 cups vegetable stock
1 pound asparagus
4 celery stalks
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

DIRECTIONS:
1. Saute onion in oil or butter. Dice potato and add along with 1 cup of stock. Simmer until potatoes are soft.

2. Wash the asparagus and snap off the tough ends.
3. Slice.

4. Chop celery small, including leaves.

5. Add asparagus, celery, and remaining vegetable stock to potatoes and onions.

6. Cook for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are quite tender.

7. Add salt and pepper and puree.

8. Add milk or broth to thin or extend soup as desired.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
tracey2

And I thought you were my friend. I will never let asparagus touch my lips!!! It sounds good and easy until the word asparagus pops up. My daughter loves it but she has to go to a restaurant to get. I mean NEVER!!!!!
0 Kudos
debbie53

UMMMMMM.....I love this. I will be trying it soon.
0 Kudos
claudia2

TRACEY, TRY WITH BROCCOLI OR IS THAT JUST AS BAD????? NO I MAKE WAY BETTER BROCCOLI SOUP BUT DON'T HAVE A RECIPE JUST KIND OF BEEN DOING IT FOR YEARS AND ADD A LITTLE OF THAT AND THIS, BUT WITH LOTS OF CHEDDAR CHEESE....I CAN MAKE GREAT SPLIT PEA SOUP BUT I'M SURE THAT SOUPS YUKKY TO YOU AS WELL..........MY FAMILY LOVES WHEN I MAKE SOUP, MY SON LOVES MY BEAN SOUP THE BEST, PERHAPS I WILL TRY TO DO AN EASY RECIPE FOR THAT.
0 Kudos
tracey2

I love cream of broccoli and cauliflower. I usually make a roux with flour, butter, milk and chicken broth. Love it!!! We have a roadside stand during the summer and you can get the biggest head of cauliflower, size of a basketball for $1 and a huge bunch of broccoli for 50 cents. Cabbage head, also size of basketball, for 50 cents. Needless to say I'm in hog heaven during the summer!!!
0 Kudos