cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

carl-lechner

Quit Date Aug 15th

Gearing up for quit date Aug 15th. Practicing managing willpower. Me and my partner are doing it together. On one hand its absolutely great to have someone around who can sympathize with what you're going through, however on the other hand it can be very trying to have someone in the house just as insane and prone to drastic mood swings as you are. A mind in withdrawl is very easily swayed to the dark side by others, and so I guess what i'm looking for is advise and support 🙂
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
margie-w

Your quit date is approaching, how's it going for you?
0 Kudos
John-C.

Hey Carl, How're things? Are you still quit? I relapsed since I created this group on June, now on my fourth day of the next phase of my life (smoke-free like when I was born!)
All the best blessings for your attempt.
0 Kudos
carl-lechner

Suprisingly yes. I and my partner quit on August 15th and have not relapsed once. It has not been easy at all. There were times when I literally wanted to either kill him and then smoke, or smoke and then kill him LoL - I even lost my job a week ago and STILL haven't smoked!

Chantrix works wonders. It makes you forget to crave nicotine. However, it does make you feel a little like you are losing your mind too - and after about 2 weeks I quit taking it. The urge to smoke did not intensify after I quit taking Chantrix, and it was pretty much then, that I knew I was done.

Nearly 3 months free now, and I know I won't smoke anymore - being anywhere near someone who is doing it is rather rare, and when it does happen, it totally grosses me out.

We had some friends over last night who wanted to smoke a joint. I've never been opposed to that sort of thing - so I ran about trying to find a lighter and an ash tray. The funny part was I couldn't find either!! It was quite a realization! Felt very very good.
0 Kudos
John-C.

Great to hear, glad everything is going well. I am still in my first 10 days but chuggin' along. Thanks for the nice story and encouragement!
0 Kudos