mizzbflye

where have you been?

Discussion created by mizzbflye on Aug 14, 2008
Latest reply on Apr 20, 2010 by Susan57
Since I quit 53 days ago I have been looking for this group, for some strange reason I didn't think to look at the gruop tab and I also I have been soo busy since I have a life now. Well foremost I didn't choose cold turkey, it kinda choose me. I wanted to be on Chantix so bad I thought that was the only way I was gonna quit (the nicotine had a hard hold on me) Then my husband and I got married and I moved outta my mom house(she is a smoker) and I vowed that I have to quit in my new place. So for the first week I was cutting back and smoking on the balcony and when that pack was over I said, "Im done no more", I need to control my life again". See was easier because I didn't have any ciggs(even though I tried this before) but this time it was different, I needed this for me, my new husband and LIFE!! Boy did I miss the freedom. The ciggs controlled my attitude, body everything.. Anyway I work at home so no driving by the store(temptation) but my desk and work area was my biggest trigger still I managed. Stayed on this site was so giddy, fustrated, intrigued, hopeful,dedicated to this site hardly got work done..lol and then, I made it to a week. I was soo proud!! then it hit me literally........ I DIDN'T USE ANYTHING TO QUIT ??? damn!!......... I was shocked, believe me when I say I thought that even the Chantix was gonna give me a run for the money.. Well here I am!!!! more happy, gained so much patience with myself, LIFE(it's inevitable once you quit) peace of mind. I LOVE ME soooo much more!!!!! I know Im strong because I didn't use anything to stop so, I can achieve or do anything. I getting in better shape and pampering myself more.. Iknow you all feel where Im coming from.. well this is my testimony..until next time

I have been smoke free for 1 Month, 3 Weeks, 1 Day, 9 hours, 14 minutes and 55 seconds (53 days). I have saved $133.46 by not smoking 533 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Day, 20 hours and 25 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 6/22/2008 12:00 PM 53 days and counting !!!!!!!!!! yay !!!!!!!!!!!

Outcomes