cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

dollarbill

3week MARK cold turkey

Sharing my 3week mark with you all. For some reason it seems 2 be a little harder 2 stay quit. The cravings a lil more intense. But i'm not giving in. If i do it will prob get harder & harder. I don't doubt myself this time around. I'm going all the way for sure. I'll be going 2 Xmas parties and Bdays parties. I'll return with a good report. Smoke Free. Plus...i don't want 2 have 2 start my Counter over again...........lol.........Have a good weekend everyone.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
lenna

Keep that positive mind speak going. You ARE a non-smoker now. Stick you to your committment to yourself.
0 Kudos
dollarbill

Yep.....it would suck....but good luck 2 u, and if you get the urge just remember what u told me & pull yourself thru. I know u can do it also....but I am going 2 do it..no doubt....No more smoking for me, no matter what.. Have fun at the party.
0 Kudos
ctm

Congratulations on 3 weeks!!! That is fantastic and you should be proud.

Stay the course and things WILL get easier over time. I don't know if you drink, but alcohol is involved in about 50% of all relapses. Just something to think about if you're going to parties.

Have a great weekend!!!
0 Kudos
dollarbill

Yep i know ctm, u r right. Not sure if i will drink now or not. My plan is not 2 right off the bat. & if i decide to it will be something liight and not much, & later in the evening. But one thing i can promise u .....is i will not smoke. By any means necessary.....Believe that. Thanks , that's good looking out. I'm looking forward 2 showing my wife up on the dance floor. We like 2 have a dance off against each other.......we prob look crazy but we have fun doing it so its cool....lol....later man, have a good weekend also.
0 Kudos
ellen5

Congratulations on your 3 week mark! Hang in here. I didn't smoke at my Chrstmas party and boy, was THAT a relief! Remember, you are no longer physically addicted to nicotine, so do NOT re-addict yourself at this point.
Good luck and let us know how you're doing!
0 Kudos
anna20

Keep up the great work Mark.
0 Kudos