cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joan8

don't know how to stop eating

I am fine at work but once i am home i can't get out of the cookie jar. i feel blotted and uncomfortable I go to the gym 3-5X a week and see no results. I quit smoking 9 days ago and feel i gained 5 pounds already. any suggestions.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
vickie5

Doesn't it just suck.... I have been working out for 4 weeks and I cannot lose a pound.. I am also fine at work and when I get home I want to eat every thing we have in the house so now i just don't keep anything fun in the house which is depressing and I am still not losing.. I have gained approx 20 pounds in 151 days and I could not afford to do that, i was no skinny minny when I quit so now I am depressed that I am overweight nothing fits, I refuse to go up another size.
I spoke to a personal trainer and she said just keep on it working out 5 days a week and watching what I eat, writing everything down that goes in my mouth and before I know it--the weight will come off I hope
Hang in there and keep up the quit. vic
0 Kudos
joan8

I know we don't see results right away and one day it will be all there. The idea of spending alot of time eating doesn't help. Depending on what you are eating it might be agood sign with the pound. you could be creating water gain and muscle>fat in wieght. there are som many things are you using the same scale all the time did you just eat. People fluctuate alot and then next minute it is all gone. but 20 it could only mean u anly gaineed 5-10. think of it this way which is what i am doing. ONE THING AT A TIME, Smoking is hard to quit, weight loss is easier once you kick the habit plus you might have more energy and better heart rate for the workouts without smoking. Weight train = equals more musce=fat burning at rest. cardio = weight loss at your ideal age, but to high or too low could cause issue of not losing wait. Like 45min above your ideal heartrate can take mussle not fat away. and lower than you ideal only burns the meal you just ate. That is what i have heard. So what if i gain pounds i am quitting smoking ( strust me it is hard to say so what when I have been working hard on getting skinny this past year and this feels like a platuew but i am not letting it get me down I am quitting smoking. good luck
0 Kudos