cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

karin4

Day 46

Today is day 46 and though I am proud of getting here I HAVE STARTED QUESTIONING MY DECISION TO QUIT. i WONT GO BACK, but is this a normal part of quitting?

Still, yippie for me!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
nancy-c

Hi Karin --

I'm nowhere near 46 days, so I can't really answer that question with any first-hand knowledge.

I'll be curious to see what the long-time quitters have to say though. This dang addiction -- all these little voices just never seem to end...

Congratulations on an awesome quit!!! I can't wait to get past my first month *sigh*

Nancy
0 Kudos
carlie

Hi, Karin...Like Nancy C. I'd be curious to hear what long-time quitters have to say about this too !!!

I've been quit for 36 days now...I know I am breathing MUCH easier, so I don't question my decision to quit so much. The problem I am having is with those nagging little thoughts of "Maybe just one wouldn't hurt"...or "Just a puff or two"....nasty addiction....this is really a sneaky, nasty, coniving addiction......

Protect your quit.....make it to 60 Days (wink;wink) and we'll talk some more, ok ?
0 Kudos
becky16

Hi Karin,

That is the Demon of Addiction attacking you. The Demon will try to grab you in anyway it can.......by triggering cravings...or throwing doubts your way. It will try to grab you when you least expect it. Fight the Demon. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!! DON'T GIVE the Demon YOUR POWER!!!! You control your life now, not the Demon. You're doubting out of fear....fear of not having your "sicko friend" with you. THROW THAT DOUBT OUT OF YOUR MIND....SEE IT FOR WHAT IT IS.

We are here for you. Don't loose touch. Write down the specific reasons why you quit in the first place. If you like reading get the book The Greatest Miracle in the Worldby Og Mandino. It will tell you why you shouldn't smoke and why you shouldn't doubt your decision. "Light your candles, share your cake, pour your wine..........you have been reborn".
0 Kudos
karin4

Thank you all for your support. My good moments are so good, but when the bad ones come...watch out! You are all right, that the decision to quit is a good one and the addiction still screams and I have to yell back louder. And its day 47 and I am still smoke free ( so the encouragement works!)
0 Kudos
doreen1

Hang in there, Karin. Photobucket...46 AWESOME SMOKE FREE DAYS!!! The nicodemon is playing with your mind. Don't let him win!!! When you question your quit, think of all of the benefits you are now seeing. Do you really want to go back to smelly hair, yellow teeth, stinkin dirty ashtrays, butts all over the place? I THINK NOT!!!

Photobucket....Photobucket
0 Kudos