cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

dollarbill

Holidays & Family....We Can Still Do It

We will have family around. Plenty of eating, laughing, and all the things we do at holiday gatherings. WE CAN DO IT......we can do all these things w/o smoking. As we celebrate the season let's also include being Smoking free also. It's a good way 2 encourage yourself and stay on the right path.........WE WILL DO THIS. Good luck 2 you all & HAPPY TURKEY DAY.............DB
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
trish13

Happy "t" day to all
0 Kudos
edith2

Dollarbill you have a fantastic message. Some of us have a really hard time over the holidays. But it's no reason to smoke. I'm grateful to be a non-smoker!
0 Kudos
sandra17

I am here to tell you all, you CAN do it 🙂 I smoked a pack a day for 30 yrs. and I attended the family Thanksgiving get together with ME being the only non- smoker there, and I didn't even get a craving! I was in tears getting dressed telling my son I was going to end up smoking two fisted when they all lit up after the meal...I was truly afraid, but I didn't even want one. I am amazed. And I'm taking nothing,chewing nothing,wearing no patches. I did it cold turkey. Just telling myself I was finished with it and mainly avioding my triggers the first 3 months.
0 Kudos
dollarbill

Sandra, that's awesome. I did make it thru Thanksgiving to. In a couple of weeks we are hosting a B-day gathering for my mom. Then the Xmas brunches & dinners & parties, & new years.........You have inspired me to make it thru it all. I have a plan though, so i'll be ok. Good luck thru the rest of the season.
0 Kudos
cindy16

Chritams is going to be great, no smoking. Do not have to stand outside and look stupid. can wear anything and not worry about dressing for the weather(becuase have to stand outside and smoke). Can be relaxed and enjoy the holiday. Not worry about when my next cigarette will be. I hope everyone has a safe enjoyable holiday.
0 Kudos