cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

SaraSmile

36 hrs. smoke free

Day 2, haven't smoked. Feeling stressed, find myself gritting my teeth, holding my breath. This is hard! I just joined EX yesterday and got so many great comments from lots of people! I mean, I really feel like I'm going to succeed, that's a pretty good feeling! Thanks.....
Prosper in peace
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
SaraSmile

Thanks! I'm hanging on by a thread but at least I'm HANGING! Day 3, YAHOO!
Prosper in peace
0 Kudos
michelle78

Hi Sara,

I read your post, and if I may offer a suggestion...try instead of holding your breath, taking a deep breath. One of my signs that I was fiending for a cigarette when i smoked was a tight feeling in my chest. That was one of the hardest things to get over when i quit. But what I found really helped, was associating that feeling with the need to take as deep a breath as I can. I thought it was a sign that I needed nicotine, but really it was just a sign that I needed to breathe. If you find you're having the same problem, it might be worth trying. I also found it helps give a momentary relief from the stress. GOOD LUCK with the rest of your quit, and I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

I have been quit for 1 Month, 3 Weeks, 2 Days, 22 hours, 5 minutes and 8 seconds (53 days). I have saved $269.59 by not smoking 1,078 cigarettes. I have saved 3 Days, 17 hours and 50 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 5/10/2008 11:59 PM
0 Kudos
doreen1

Congratulations on Day 3, Sara!! Hang in there, keep up the good work!! I agree with Michelle - deep breathing is essential now. When we smoked, we inhaled deeply - the deep breathing part is the one thing that we have to remember to keep doing. I ended up with pneumonia and in the hospital 5 months into my quit because I wasn't deep breathing and all that gunk just got infected. YOU WILL SUCCEED!! YOU CAN DO THIS!! Holler if you need us 🙂

Photobucket
0 Kudos