cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

erick2

Chantix cant do it alone!

You still have to WANT IT. You must be totally consumed with the thoughts of being smoke free. I am going on day 8 and if not for my stubbornness I might not have made it this far. Seriously, just ignore the cravings. It sounds dumb, but it is that simple. You arent going to die from the withdrawals.

Chantix does help though. Stick with it. I can tell when I need to take my pill because I start thinking of smoking a bit more. My friend and I both have noticed that Chantix has a way to make you forget. I can tell you now, at day 8 my urges have gotten less and I dont think about smoking as much. I feel cleaning and healthier already...I really do. So, keep it up guys. If you need any tips just let me know. I want to help!
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Reply
Carol6

@erick2 Agree! Glad to see you post this. People think that a patch or gum or whatever will quit for you. It will not. It can help but it will not do it for you. Hope you're well!

Carol
There is always someone who needs your attention on ex. Let's ensure everyone has someone supporting them.
0 Kudos