cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

hapbtrfly

UNBELIEVING

I TRULY DO NOT BELIEVE THIS WILL WORK FOR ME...BUT I HAVE TRIED SO MANY OTHER THINGS AND SO MANY MORE TIMES... THAT I THOUGHT I WOULD AT LEAST LOOK AT IT B/C I AM SERIOUS ABOUT QUITTING I JUST DONT KNOW HOW.... THIS IS MY VERY 1ST VISIT TO THIS SITE SOME OF IT MAKES SENSE BUT JUST WHAT I HAVE READ SO FAR ... I CAN NOT SEE HOW ITS GOING TO WORK FOR ME ANYWAY
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
limabean79

Hey girly!

I tell ya what. My mom died July 7th and I was smoking a pack a day which is alot for me. I got Chantix and Im on my second week of the med....Ive been smoke free for 6 days! You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
judy9

Hey hapbtrfly; Glad to have you on board. ( As far as checking out this site goes) it is a wonderful place to come and get encouragement and support.But you need to start believeing that this site and the people on here CAN Help you with your nicotine addition. I know when I started coming here I was skepticle about the whole quitting thing. But after taking care of my dad dying of lung failure, after already loosing my mom at a young age of 50(she was) .Now giving myself mild COPD, well,,,you start to think that maybe you can learn to relive life without cigarettes always tagging along. Always there,,,Never letting you step out the door without them in your hands... All I know is,,,They CONTROL US. We Don't Control Them. Sad but true. Let me ask you, "It is not a matter of IF you will go to war with quitting smoking, but a matter of WHEN you will go to war -- will you go while you are healthy and in control or when you are DYING ???? Good question huh?
0 Kudos
judy9

That is SOOO TRUE ! ! Mind set has alot to do with it. You are so right, hothula. I also used the patch and the sites you spoke of. Youtube videos also helped me out. Come back here often and I know you CAN do it ,hapbtrfly! ! I also smoked for 32 years,menthol,a pack a day smoker. But I don't want my daughters starting such a controling substance. And they cost so much more now then they use too. Don't you think? And Our world needs more people to care about it. To care about themselves. So start BELIEVING in yourself...You are actually stronger than you think. All you have to do is...start. Start by putting down that cigarette that you ARE HOLDING RIGHT NOW AND REALLY DECIDE TO never PICK UP ANOTHER ONE again>>>>
0 Kudos
andrea30

Everyone here has it right. It's all about the mind set that you can do it. Also get it in your thoughts that you will not pick up another cigarette. Not for just "one more" cigarette, and not for just one more puff. As soon as you do that you can keep yourself from sliding down the slope into smoking again. Feel free to send me a message if you want to talk. We're all here for you and want to help. I'm on my 4th day of not smoking and feeling great about it, but I know I want to quit this time. And if you believe we can all help you then we can.
0 Kudos