cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

patty6

Help with low blood sugar

Hello all,
I've just joined and have not quit yet, but when I try to cut down or I am at work for a long period of time without having a cigarette, I not only have concentration problems I also have trouble with low blood sugar. I've read this can happen but it certainly doesn't help with weight gain. I know, just worry about the not having a cigarette, but it's the weight gain that stops me everytime. Anyone have a suggestion?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Diana20

Yes, I had it. Drink plenty of fruit juice. You will have head aches.. YOu wont die from the withdrawl! Know you will HAVE to go thru some uncomfortable stuff. Be comfortable with being UNcomfortable. Gotta just go thru it but be NICE to yourself and you can lose the wight later! You dont want to die from smoking! Do YOu?
0 Kudos
patty6

No of course I don't want to die from smoking... thanks for the advice. I'll get through it, I know I will. It's hard to see the bigger picture when you're in the moment. I've just got to remember it's temporary!
0 Kudos
sue-ross

I joined TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) = it keeps me vigilant on my weight and have the support of others
0 Kudos