cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

karen70

Using quit aids

So according to this plan, are you supposed to keep smoking normally trying to separate your triggers before setting a quit date? And when are you supposed to start using the quit aids?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
murel

Karen, most of the quit aids like the patch, gums, and lozenges you start the day you quit. The Chantix and Wellbutran you start before you quit so it can build up. You should talk to your Dr if you want to use one of the quit aids he can help you decide the one that is best for you
Murel
0 Kudos
cindy25

Hi Karen, you are supposed to try to separate from your triggers before you actually quit - "delay" is the operative word! I picked a minor trigger to work on first and my biggest trigger is next (driving)!!!!!
0 Kudos
chaneldawn

I just can't do it

0 Kudos
gregp136

Don't be silly chaneldawn‌.  Of course you can.  It will be hard, but you can do it!  Have you read a lot on this site?  Have you picked a date?  Have you discovered and worked on your triggers?  

It takes work, yes.  There are struggles, yes.  But putting in the time and effort, and you will succeed and will be so proud of yourself!  

I know you can!

Even with other smokers around.

Focus, and yes, talk to me anytime.

I am only a rookie, but we can do this.

Together!

Greg

chaneldawn

Thank you Gregp136 for the pep talk I know this is hard. I can usually get things done when I really set my mind to it. I hope this is one of those things.

gregp136

chaneldawn‌ be aware this is not like anything else you have done.  But a positive attitude is a great start. Blog a lot and never be afraid to ask for help!  You will get a ton!

0 Kudos