cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

Amy11

I tried Chantix two times now, I am not smoke free, did not finish the program, had problems sleeping

I have now tried chantix twice. Each time I had nightmares that I were inhibiting my abiltiy to function at work because of lack fo sleep. I want to quit but I am wondering if good old fashioned will power is truly the best way! The only thing that is a big issue for me is that my fiance smokes constantly. I have banished it from the bedroom but the kitchen, living room, you name it, he smokes there! I have quit on my own staying away from those who smoke but now that he is in my life, I can't do it and I smoke more than ever. Chantix was too mind blowing for me. Does anyone have any other recomendations or things that their doctor subscribed that were different? I can't take the sleepless nights, the dreams, the rapid heart rate at night, the groggy, fatigued feeling all day. I'm in sales and I have to be and keep motivating myself and with Chantix, this was numbing and I didn't care if I was having a good or bad day, just numb!
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
janetto

There is another antismoking pill that you could take wellbutrin or something like that. I took the Chantix for my previous quit, but it hurt my stomach so much I stopped 4 days into the quit. I read here that cold turkey quitting actually has the greatest chance of success, but I am taking mini lozenges myself.

You need to make the house a no smoking zone.

Good Luck

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

This is from 2008 - no activity from this member since then

0 Kudos

These Old Posts Need To Be Put In Their Own Place So New People Don't Think They Are Active.

Sootie

Jennifer---you are so SHARP!!! I always miss the fact that some of these are old.....but I think you catch every one! Must be the number crunching skill?????  : )

0 Kudos