cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Anytime is the right time to QUIT!

If you have the desire , the inspiration, the now is the time to quit' state of mind, then you can and will quit.
It all comes from deep inside of you---that desire, that inspiration,that ' now is the time to quit'.
No one can talk you into quitting, or scare you into quitting: It must be something you decide.
A wise doctor told me once when I was thinking of being hypnotized to help me quit smoking, it won't work unless YOU want to quit! And he was right.
But this last Aug on the 5th day, I came to the decision I wanted to quit. I had enough of acting like a chimmney, of allowing my lungs to clog with tar: I had enough of spending money to kill myself.
All of a sudden smoking made no sence to me.
I have not picked up another cigarette since that day.

If I can do it, you absolutely can do it , too.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
edith2

Thank you for the first discussion Klaire! You made some excellent points!
0 Kudos
cornerstone

Amen! Same story with me! It took me years of introspection and experiments, but eventually, that happened to me too exactly as you described it!
0 Kudos
pat13

That's fantastic! Since August 5? Good for you!!!
0 Kudos
edith2

Photobucket
0 Kudos
kat2

I finally got to the point where I was just sick of smoking. I hated the control it had over me,
the smell, trying to cover up the smell with perfume, and/or washing up, niether really worked.
the time factor, when and where I could have a smoke. making sure I always had enough,
heaven forbid I should ever run out . !! . I guess I was just "ready" and wanted to be done with it...
My point being is that you are so right, you have to really want to. that is what gives you the
strength and the power. wanting to can only come from YOU, the only place to find it is within...
and YES YOU CAN !!

If I can do it, I know that you can do it too,
Kat
0 Kudos
edith2

Greg, I couldn't agree with you more because that's exactly what happened to me. After my last relapse when I was smoke-free for 19 months it took me 30 years to quit again. Now looking at it in hindsight, I could have quit years ago. Nothing I can do about that though. At least I quit 4 1/2 years ago.
0 Kudos