cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Laura62

How do I insert jpg or gif files on My Page???

Jump to solution
Feel like such an idiot but people are always sending me cool congrats notes in my comment section on My Page. How do they insert these? I know a lot of users get them from Photobucket and I've saved them to my computer but can't figure out how to insert them in reply to folks on my page. Help please as without the nicotine (62 days!) I don't have the patience right now to research this. I'm sure it's something very simple and I am going to feel really stupid 🙂
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

I know this is an older question but it's a good one. Hopefully we get a lot of lovely images uploaded to the profile pictures area.

• Edit Profile
  • Click On Profile Pictures Tab
  • Upload an image from your computer
  • Crop it so it looks nice.
  • Save it.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
becky16
Hi Laura,
Join the club. I'm not very internet savey and I sure would like to know how to do these things. I wanted to get a picture on here from my photo folder, but I can't seem to transfer it. Then I thought I would try some of those neat pictures from the photobucket. I can't seem to get those either. Somehow, and I have no idea how, I went to someone else's page where they had a link to some pictures. It is now on my page. I haven't the foggiest idea how that happened. Talk about feeling stupid!! Like you, and not because of my short quit, I have no patience because I don't know the lingo, so have no idea what they are talking about. Help!!

Becky
0 Kudos
Laura62
Hi Becky and Linda, I've figured out that files uploaded to your page have to be in html format. I've been using Photobucket and every time I see something I like, I save it to My Album. Then when I want to insert it on my page or someone else's as a response, you'll see you are given different formats under each picture. Click on the HTML format and it will say "copied". Then you're ready to insert in on your Ex page or in someone else's comment box. When you're in the box, right click and paste. You will get the code and not the picture but when you hit Add Your Reply, you'll see the picture! Polly was a huge help to me and I haven't had the time to make my page fancy yet.

For the countdown, go to www.pyzam.com and on the left side you'll see Custom Countdown Toy. Customize it and you can copy it into your Become an Ex box on your page. Hope this helps! Laura
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

I know this is an older question but it's a good one. Hopefully we get a lot of lovely images uploaded to the profile pictures area.

• Edit Profile
  • Click On Profile Pictures Tab
  • Upload an image from your computer
  • Crop it so it looks nice.
  • Save it.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

I realized I hadn't fully answered your question.

Animated GIF files aren't possible on your profile banner, profile image or avatar images but I have seen people successfully use them in their Blog Banners. You can also insert GIF files into your posts along with other common picture and video types.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos