Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

sheila12

QUICK QUESTION

Hi!
Today is day 31 for me!!! Yeah!!!
I am still on Chantix and I have a quick question----

I have not had but 2 bad dreams- altho I am dreaming and know that I am- I can not remember most of them.

Last night, I remember that in my dream- I am climbing these 4 little steps, altho it seemed like it took me forever. When I get all the way to the top finally- I am greeted by my sister who tells me that I smell like alcohol and cigarettes. I only drink once a year and have not smoked in 31 days
This morning when I woke up- my chest was SOOOOO congested. I felt like I had smoked a carton-- I have had to use my inhaler today and have not had to in weeks..... Does any one know have a clue??!!!
Thanks, Sheila
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

I had one smoking dream in all my days quit so far and that was after I was already over 100 days into my quit. And when i woke up, I was a little shorter on breath than usual too. My guess is that while we were dreaming, we were maybe breathing a little harder than normal due to the smoking maybe. That is the only explanation that I can think of. That maybe in our subconscious, we were disappointed in ourselves and had a little stress attack maybe and it got our breathing a little stressed out. Maybe somebody else might know better than me. But that would be my guess. Congrats on 31 days quit! That is an absolutely great milestone!!
0 Kudos
sheila12

Thank you for your reply!!
Sounds good to me! I had some trouble breathing all week- getting better as the week went on. My friend said she was having a hard time because of allergies- maybe that is what it was..
I work at the HS with the severely disabled children and Jessica was out of school Mon & Tues- maybe I had caught her cold- who knows??!! I am better now- at 35 days- YEAH!!!
Thank you so much!! Sheila
0 Kudos
webslave

Sounds like your lungs in the process of healing are continuing to clean themselves out! That's good.
karenjones

31 days, WOW. I have 3 weeks before I can say that.  You did good!  

0 Kudos
Kimshine

Hey Karen, this blog was written in 2008. I'm not sure if Shelia is on the site anymore but I sure hope so!

0 Kudos