cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

ashleigh3

3 weeks on Chantix

Hey everyone. I'm new to become an ex and quit smoking 4 days ago. I have been on Chantix for 3 weeks and it hasn't really helped with urges as much as helping with mood swings. I can definately tell a difference in how calm I am this time quitting when compared to other attempts at quitting without Chantix. I wish it helped with the urges more but any help is good! Well good luck to you all with Chantix!
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
murel

Congratulations on 4 days smoke free. Chantix is a great med to quit smoking, I used it last year to quit, but I did start smoking again. I am getting back on it tomorrow so my quit date should be in about a week.
Good luck and don't give up it can be done we can all quit.
Murel
0 Kudos
debbie11

Give it time Ashleigh. I have been on it 9 weeks and have been a non-smoker for 6 weeks. 3 more to go and I am quitting the Chantix because I think my urges are well under control. One other thing you have to give it your all and it will work with you.
0 Kudos
scottie

Congratulations on 4 smoke-free days. Since Chantix keeps you from getting the high from a smoke, when I'd get the urge for a cigarette, I'd tell myself "why bother, it won't do anything anyway" and then drink losts of water and post on a no-smoking web site. Maybe you could try that. Smoking just won't do for you what you'd like it to do as long as you stay with the Chantix.

I wish you the best...you CAN do this Ashleigh.
0 Kudos