cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

pam18

go(aw)d

the one cig. have each day is my god & i'm tired of it!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
edith2

You no longer have to let smoking control every aspect of your life. You can take control and have the freedom of not being helpless. When the going gets tough, we put our big girl panties on and do it! hahahahaha! I can't remember where I heard that, but I made you smile, didn't I?
0 Kudos
pam18

yes Edith you did! What makes me laugh even more is i picture them humously baggy w/ me actually keeping them up.
0 Kudos
terry12

I know what you mean. I was on two cigs a day for a couple of years. I had cut down. That made me feel a little better, or so I rationalized. But as long as the smoking goes on, it's hell. One puff is too many. The friends I've met on this site have helped me see that I can't be free until I'm actually free from puffing anymore. I've had some success: a one week quit, then a relapse of one day; then a two week quit, then a relapse of two days; and now I'm a couple of days into a new quit, and I am much, much more aware of the devilish nature of just one puff. Thank God and my friends here who are helping me so much. Yes, we can do it together!
0 Kudos