cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

vickie9

I'm not sure I can do this...

I feel like I really may not be able to relearn and become an EX. I SO badly want to, and I'm ready, but everything is so hard. Advice anyone? (And I'm really hoping for REAL advice, not just what the theory offers...) I would really appreciate anything anyone could offer.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
pat12

Hi Vickie,
I smoked for over 30 years and have not had a cigartette in over 80 days. So yes it does work. It took some time to get out of the habit of smoking just cause i was triggered(drinking, talking on phone, driving, ect). I started with not smoking at the computer and made my way through the others till i was ready to put on the patch and quit it all.
I think the most important thing is that you have made up ur mind to quit . It is not easy but if u really want to do it u can . Good Luck
0 Kudos
melissa9

I know it is hard. I have had a hard time with it. I just keep reminding myself why I wanted to quit and poping a cinnamon candy in my mouth. When that isn't enough I have to either get on her and type for my page or type to others or type something for something. Basicly get up and do something so that I am busy and not thinking about cigs. It doesn't go away as soon as I start doing something. But it has helped me. Another thing I have found a couple people on here so when I am feeling weak I email. they no exactly what to say. Some times for me I need the tough love some times it is just a you are doing good so keep up the good work. All of this is what has worked for me. I don't know if it will work for you tho. I have been quit for 3 Weeks, 3 Days, 12 hours, 37 minutes and 16 seconds (24 days). I have saved $183.94 by not smoking 735 cigarettes. I have saved 2 Days, 13 hours and 15 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 5/22/2008 8:00 PM good luck
0 Kudos
doreen1

Nobody ever said this would be easy. Nicotine addiction has been likened to heroine addiction. All you can do is to take one day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time. Baby steps. It CAN be done and because you are wanting "SO badly" to do this, you just have to be willing to work really hard. The first 72 hours your body will be ridding itself of all of the toxins. You might feel more tired than usual and probably really grumpy. Drink lots of water and Orange Juice (your body needs the Vit C) and rest when you can. Try to find something to substitute for the hand to mouth part - cut straws, lollipops, hard candy, cinnamon sticks - whatever will help you. Spend some time cleaning and ridding your house and car of all of the smells and dirty sticky stuff associated with smoking - that will also help get you through some of the craves as well as make everything fresh and clean again. We're all here to help you in any way we can. Just holler if you need us 🙂
PhotobucketPhotobucket
0 Kudos