cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

j-b

Want to quit SO BAD!!!

Hey all. I am new to this. Basically I have tried and tried to quit and I seem to be the end of my own efforts!!!

I have two kiddos whom I love to death. I quit for both pregnancies, and my son who is 5 I quit for 2 years after I had him. My daughter is 10 months and I started again only 2 weeks after I had her.

I hate that I smoke. My son knows what I do and I cant stand that. I am still nursing my daughter and although I take all the precautions I can (I never smoke in the house, wash my hands, smoke right after I feed her etc etc) I feel so horrible. I just think I get into this cycle of feeling lousy about it, then I smoke because of it.

Does anyone else do that?

I gotta do this. but the hard part is... I really do enjoy it!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
dawn8

I enjoy it, too -- that's the sad part! I sometimes sit and wish smoking wasn't bad for my health. It could deal with the gross part if it just wasn't killing me! It's tough to quit, as you know. I can't exactly call myself a quitter yet, as today is only my 7th day smoke-free. I do feel better already, though. I was barely smoking anymore, except for the weekends. I want to continue to be an "ex". I'm just tired of quitting:) Keep your fingers crossed that this is it for us!!!!
0 Kudos
angel2

Me too and it"s something else that i just can"t put a name to it. but it"s also ugly. We "look" better with out it, and smell better. We won"t have to step outside can continue on inside with the fun. give your self small treats every 15 min. piece of gum,a (1) strawberry,3 grapes and don"t be afraid to tell your self "heres your treat because you're such a big girl/boy.
0 Kudos
charlena

I know exactly what you mean I have two boys and they always confront me about it. The five year old discusses it with the provider and then comes home and talks about it with me . The twelve year old comes home and talks to me about alternatives also! I don't smoke in the car or house. It's so bad now I try to hide from them when I do smoke. Anyway I am tired of not smelling like a mommy should smell ! I know excactly what you mean! I wanna smell like a mommy should smell.
0 Kudos