cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

williewookie

wicked depression!

Hello all. Yesterday I hit the two-week quit mark for myself. I guess I should feel so excited. I have no real desire to smoke, a few cravings but not bad. Today however I became really depressed. Almost like grief! So strange this sudden emotion to fill me and out of the blue. I feel really sad and cannot put a finger on it. I would blame it on the Chantix but I haven't had any for over a week. I also noticed I am really tired. I am sure that this feeling is depression, but I don't usually feel actually sad, like someone has died. Does anyone have any idea what this can be and please, does it get better? Is it possible to feel a loss over not smoking? Surely smoking doesn't have the ability to trigger feelings like this when you quit...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
lynette4

Wanna Bet?

Smoking has so much power...

First off...

My last cigarette was on Mar.14..not by choice...

ER visit and continued Hospiltalization helped..LOL

Anyway do not assume this sadness isnt justifiable..it so is..

My best and most loyal friend 4 34 yrs. was Mr. Marlboro

im not blaming the co.,im all growed up

but the first thing in the a.m. and the last thing in the p.m. was my cigarette..

if that isnt a best bud then i dont know what is..

all i can say is when u feel the sadness coming..pick up a phone..a book...open ur front dooor and start walking and dont stop till u feel ur in the mental place u need 2 be...

GL williewookie and feel free 2 text me anytime...

0 Kudos

Sadness will continue to linger even after months until we DECIDE that we are SO much BETTER OFF without cigs and have lost nothing whatsoever that is truly desirable!  That is a choice we make and affirm and rewire our brains to believe it because  - and this is the amazing part - it isn't even a lie!  The lie is a nico-lie that Marlboro is our friend!  He wants one thing only - TO KILL US and we thank him every day for doing it - the slower and more torturous, the better!  THAT IS THE LIE!  Make the QUIT a HAPPY one! - CELEBRATE HEALTH and LIFE!

0 Kudos
eddieg121

eddieg121

Friends

Friends of

DAY 254 THE VISIT...

November 11, 2010 by eddieg121   Comments (0)

Today was another first for me.  Today I went to the doctor, and everything went well. I had a prostate exam which I get once a year, It's a visit that I wish on no man, But A necessary visit.  I got the results and they were good.  In previous years my doctor always tell me the same thing your'e in good health you need to stop smoking. I always said ok I will. So today he did'nt mention anything about my smoking, and that left me in shock! So I told him that I had QUIT and he was so excited!  And then he said the only reason he did not say anything is because I usually smell like I had just smoked, Which I did everytime I went to his office I would light up before I went in. And today I did'nt smell of smoke. I feel good. MAY GOD BLESS US ALL WITH ANOTHER SMOKE FREE DAY.

0 Kudos