cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

catmom24

Tomorrow is the day...

So, today is day 7 on Chantix and tomorrow is quit day. I've been very lucky, no bad side effects from it, unlike Zyban which really messed me up. I've been reading through the posts here and seeing some things I am experiencing too, which to me are good side effects, like how I can't stand the smell of cigarettes any more! Yet I do still have one outside from time to time. I also "forget" to eat which, again, is fine with me!

I quit cold turkey 5 years ago for 6 months and I know it's weak but I started back up because I thought I had gained too much weight and had some major job issues happening right around the same time.

I'll probably be posting a lot tomorrow...
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
lynn8

I will be thinking of you catmom! The first few days can be tough and that's when you have to "train" yourself to do other things when you would normally be puffing away!
The CHANTIX has worked wonders for me! 28 days without a butt here and I'm LOVING IT!
I will keep my eyes on you! 🙂
0 Kudos
bill-v_

Chantix was also wonderful for me....been off for some time. I'm at 4 months quit! Hang in there tough, and you'll make it.

Bill V.
0 Kudos