1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 1/2 c shredded zucchini
Caramel Frosting:
1 c packed brown sugar
1/2 c butter/margarine
1/4 c milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2-2 c 10x sugar
Beat eggs, sugr, oil, orange juice and almond extract. Combine dry ingredients and add to egg mixture and mix well. Add zucchini and mix well. Fill paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until done. Cool. For frosting, melt and slightly brown butter to give it a more caramel flavor. Then add brown sugar and milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in vanilla. Cool to lukewarm. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until it reaches spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes. Makes 1 1/2-2 dozen

Zucchini Bread

3 eggs
2 c sugar
1 c oil
1tbsp vanilla
2 c grated zucchini, not peeled
3 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp cinnamon
Mix first 4 ingredients, add dry ingredients. Stir in zucchini. Grease 2 loaf pans and I like to sprinkle a mixture of 1 tbsp sugar with 1 tsp cinnamon over the bottom and the sides, save some to sprinkle over the top of the batter. Pour half of batter into each loaf pan and sprinkle remaining sugar mixture over this. Bake 350 degrees for 45-50 or until tested done. Cool and enjoy.

Zucchini Squares

3 c grated zucchini
1/2 c oil
4 eggs
1/2 c chopped onion
1 clove garlic minced
1 c grated cheddar cheese
1 c Bisquick
Blend all ingredients. Pour mixture into a greased glass baking dish 9x13. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. Let slightly cool and cut into squares. Serve warm.

Zucchini Relish

8 c zucchini,chopped
2 c onions, chopped
1 tbsp salt
1/2 c sweet red pepper, chopped
1 c cider vinegar
1 3/4 c sugar
1/2 tsp celery seed
1/2 tsp mustard seed
Mix zucchini, onion, and salt in a bowl and set aside for 1 hour. Mix all remaining ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Drain zucchini mixture and add to boiling liquid. Bring mixture back to a boil. Remove from heat and chill. I make large batches of this and can it!! It is good on everything you put pickle relish on and then some.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
debbie53

I can't wait to try ALL of these! Zucchini cupcakes? Is it much like carrot cake?
0 Kudos
tracey2

It's more like a spice cupcake. It is actually very good without the frosting, but if you're going to eat a cupcake you might as well go all out and add the frosting. Who's counting calories anyway?!!
0 Kudos
debbie53

What's a cupcake without it's frosting? A bald cupcake!!! LOL
0 Kudos
tracey2

That was good!!! Besides that, it's not worth eating!! Is Chris drooling over the cream of mushroom recipes. I have plenty more where they came from, but I want him to pace himself.
0 Kudos
debbie53

I'm really afraid to show them to him! God only knows if I get him started again! LOL
0 Kudos
tracey2

Point taken. He could move on to cream of chicken!!!
0 Kudos
debbie53

Been there, done that! How about Cream of Celery? 🙂
0 Kudos
tracey2

That's where I draw the line 😞 Cream of celery will never cross my lips. Got some really good recipes for homemade cream of broccoli and cauliflower. Who needs a can?
0 Kudos
butterflybp2

I make the same Zucchini Bread. Thanks for the other one I will be tring those....
0 Kudos