cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

melissa9

Hey all you Mommies!

I have found that what is helping me with my quit... is I talk to my girls. I pledge to them every morning that I am not going to smoke. For me it helps when I have to look in my girls eyes and tell them I am not going to smoke. When I have thought about saying forget it this is to hard and want to smoke I think about what I would be teaching my girls. I am not going to allow myself to teach my girls that you can say whatever you think a family member wants to hear to their face and do what you want behind their back or that promises are to be broken. I will not do it. So it helps me to pledge to their faces looking them in the eyes that I WILL NOT SMOKE!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
feline11

How long have you been doing this? Does it always work for you to promise to your child, or do you smoke sometimes? I am curious because I made my daughter a promise she would never see me smoking again, but I meant I would not let her see me....even though I know I should have promised never to smoke again. But I am realistic about it, because I know I am not 100% going to give it up immediately.
0 Kudos
melissa9

No hun. I mean it. I didn't have my mom in my life she left me when I was 4 yr old. So I promised my kids while I was still pregnant with them I would be the best mommy I could be. Every morning I tell them I love them and tell them I am not going to smoke today while looking into their eyes. To me lieing to a child is the worst thing you could do. My mom lied to me so many times and it hurt me so much. I will not do that to my kids. I will not make them feel the way I did. I have only been done for 4 days 16 hours 6 mins. I had to do the cut down thing. I made it harder on myself to be able to smoke. I use to smoke in the house then I said if I want to smoke I have to go outside. I use to smoke cigs like a chain smoker sometimes too. Then I said I am only allowed one an hour the moved it futher apart. It helped me.
0 Kudos