cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

emily5

Chantix buildup?

I was wondering if anyone who has been on Chantix for a while has had any problems as they've been taking it longer. When I first started it, i had a few of the milder side effects, nausea, dreams, etc. But now that I have been taking it for over two months, i have a lot more side effects, and they are some of the ones listed as "rare". I was just wondering if there's more of a chance of something going wrong as you continue to take it. Otherwise, it works wonders. Not smoking and not wanting to, but i am becoming concerned that it may be doing damage I am not aware of. If this has happened to anyone else, or if anyone has any knowlege about it, please let me know.
Thanks,
Emily
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
mozee

I had visions of big, bloody knives. I didn't stop on the date they said to stop. I kept taking the medicine and kept smoking, just like the first week. I don't think it works as well as they said it would. I talked with my doctor about my visions, and he said he hadn't heard anything like my visions from other people using Chantix. I thought the visions were really dangerous, like an indication I was having thoughts of suicide. When I woke up this morning, I knew I was going to start this "Become and Ex" program. I'm tracking my cigarettes, and have set my quit date as September 30. Today was my mother's birthday, and she always hated that my sisters and I smoked. So this is kind of like a belated (she died in 1997) birthday gift to her. I really want it to work.
0 Kudos