cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

Peak Flow Meters

Do any of you use Peak Flow Meters to help with your emphysema/COPD? Does it help you? What are the advantages of using one? I get severe pains in my chest whenever I cough or sneeze, and wanted to figure out why I get these. My doctor doesn't seem to think they are related to my lungs, but instead to the weight gain. I never had pains like this before when I was heavy, so it seems wierd that the only change I have now is the emphysema and I get the pain in my right side now. I wanted to see if the peak flow meter would show something. Because when I use my inhaler, either one of them, it seems to help ease the pain some. Please let me know your thoughts.

Barb
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
sue5

Barb I don't use a peak flow meter (what is it by the way) is it just blowing in a instrument that registers what you can breathe out??
I know I have pain over to the left side of my breast and right in the middle of my chest sometimes and it hurts but it is mostly when I do my meds. on the nebulizer and inhalers? Have you asked the doctor about it???
I know that could be a dumb question because for me I still am not getting a whole lot of answers or different ones from different doctors.
0 Kudos