cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

rob2

Just Started Chantrix three days Ago

I just started taking the pills three days ago. I have already cut down. I was up to 2 packs a day. Yesterday I only smoked about 15 cigarettes. But today I really seem to be on edge and my hands are shaking. Is this normal? The chantrix makes it hard because i light up a smoke, and end up throwing it away after a few drags.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
SaraSmile

I used Chantix to quit smoking. Maybe you need to eat more if you're shaky, I don't remember being shaky. I think there's something in the Chantix to make the cigarettes taste bad and GOOD FOR YOU throwing them away after a few drags, less you'll smoke! Chantix really helps you cut down so that when you get to your quit date it's not that bad. OK, it's bad but if you put your mind to it, it is do-able! Chantix doesn't do it for you, you have to work hard not to smoke. Just make up your mind, convince yourself, BELIEVE IN YOURSELF and the rest will fall into place.
Sara
Prosper in peace
0 Kudos
gail3

i experienced a lot of shakiness and edginess the first few weeks. almost quit taking the stuff. but it became more sporadic and then subsided. now i just have to make sure and eat before taking a pill or i get nausea badly. our personal body chemistries are affecting how it affects us. good news about the shakes - makes it hard to light the d**ned things. 🙂
0 Kudos